`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Die Cast Question

Die Cast Question
I am thinking of possibly collecting a few die cast cars of my 3 PC drivers (G0rdon, Martin, & Danica), my question for you die cast collectors is do you collect all of the cars are just certain sizes and if so which size do you prefer? Any help/input would be appreciated. Thank you.

Jerry
Collect: Jeff Gordon, Mark Martin, Danica Patrick

[Image: echo1_zpsb2d0eada.png]

RE: Die Cast Question
(11-17-2013, 09:14 AM)Echo7Bravo Wrote: I am thinking of possibly collecting a few die cast cars of my 3 PC drivers (G0rdon, Martin, & Danica), my question for you die cast collectors is do you collect all of the cars are just certain sizes and if so which size do you prefer? Any help/input would be appreciated. Thank you.

Jerry
I collect 1:24, I found that collecting the one size works better for me due to limited space. I like the larger size cars especially when they are autographed. Although the 1:24 is more expensive of course, but I have found a couple sites that you can get some good deals on. And I have to give a shout out to alstott9adams, he sold me 6 Kasey autographed 1:24 cars at a very good price.

Hope this helps.
I collect Michael Jordan, Larry Bird and Kevin Garnett also certain High End Celtics HOF's.

[Image: jordanbird_edited-1.gif]

I COLLEct both sizes but for different reasons. For autographs the 1/24 are the best. They fit in the cases and look great displayed. 1/18 have to have special cases. The 1/64 would be great if you wanted to get one example of every paitnscheme without going broke. OR needing a lot of room.

I have a 72 car display case that holds a 1/64 car when the driver passes away. there are 63 cars in it so far.

CANCER SUCKS[Image: AVLRCRSDC.jpg]

Thank you both for the responses, I was also leaning towards the 1/64 because I am not too worried about getting them autographed and because of space. Thank you again.

Jerry
Collect: Jeff Gordon, Mark Martin, Danica Patrick

[Image: echo1_zpsb2d0eada.png]

I don't really COLLECT them. I kind of ACQUIRE them.
It would be supremely expensive to try and get one for every paint scheme for each year. I would suggest collecting cars w/ the 2 main sponsers or something really rare (like movie sponsered cars).
If you are looking for value only (and/or detail), get 1:24 scale. They cost a lot but gain a lot of value over the years. If you are concerned about space, go for the 1:64th scale. They are cheap (about $5 when they 1st come out), don't take up much room, and since they now mostly come in a blister pack, they are easy to hang and display. I prefer the 1:64ths for those reasons.
If I could afford to spend more money on die-cast, I would go for 1:24th scale, but you also have to buy something to display them in if you want to show them off.

Here is a scan of my only 1:24th. The box is 10 inches wide (front of car to back).

[Image: JJ07COTdiecast.jpg]

Here is a scan of one of my 1:64th cars. The whole package is about 6 inches wide and can hang on a pushpin stuck in the wall.

[Image: 2008diecast.jpg]

I hope this helps you with your decision.