`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
2012 bowman sterling Doug Martin same pricing confusion, help!

2012 bowman sterling Doug Martin same pricing confusion, help!
Why is the normal base D. Martin $60.00 the same price as my exchange autographed refractor black parallel Of Doug Martin!?!.!? mine is #'d to /50 the base has no set amt, can anyone plz expaine!!!

RE: 2012 bowman sterling Doug Martin same pricing confusion, help!
My guess would be just the fact that its a redemption.They almost always tend to have less value because you never know 100% for sure that your going to get that exact card.

(11-16-2013, 05:57 AM)mardopsu523 Wrote: Why is the normal base D. Martin $60.00 the same price as my exchange autographed refractor black parallel Of Doug Martin!?!.!? mine is #'d to /50 the base has no set amt, can anyone plz expaine!!!
Exchange card's are an odd breed. In large an exchange card is worth less then the base cards when autographs are concerned. The main reason is because people do try and finish base sets. And an exchange card although its cool to have, is not needed to complete the base set. But keep in mind that your looking at BV in Beckett. This is just a guide, nothing more. To a Doug Martin collector, I would think your exchange card is more scarce, witch is appealing. When trading this card, or any card for that matter. Remember you get to use YOUR brain to evaluate YOUR card for trade/sell.
~peace~
Fx
[Image: coollogo_com-27107460_zps7a545244.gif]
[Image: d27e1c78-63c2-44e0-8315-da67d5fa420c_zps10136b00.jpg]

Thanks for advice guys

Just pisses me off becquse it should b around double its base auto card, if not more!

Thanks guys, i hate those redemption cards...I Bought a hobby box of 2010 Bowman Platinum Baseball cards from a local hobby store & got this on the top of all the packs. a redemption card saying:

"you are due to receive A" BONUS CERTIFIED AUTOGRAPH FROM 2010 BOWMAN PLATINUM BASEBALL. and it expired 12/31/2012.

Its total B.S. because that was a box topper and would have been/is one sweet ***** card I can do nothing about. Its so Darn F**ing REDEMPTION CARDS!!!! WTF are the point even in them. I am sending that card into bowman along w/a letter upsetly but 100% wrote, expressing my dissapointment. And would appreciate some sort of compensation for lack of a better term, considering over the last year I probably spent $300-$1,000 a month on Strictly Bowman brand cards only! anyone have any type of suggestion as to how to handle it if I have a case at all???

Thanks guys, i hate those redemption cards...I Bought a hobby box of 2010 Bowman Platinum Baseball cards from a local hobby store & got this on the top of all the packs. a redemption card saying:

"you are due to receive A" BONUS CERTIFIED AUTOGRAPH FROM 2010 BOWMAN PLATINUM BASEBALL. and it expired 12/31/2012.

Its total B.S. because that was a box topper and would have been/is one sweet ***** card I can do nothing about. Its so Darn F**ing REDEMPTION CARDS!!!! WTF are the point even in them. I am sending that card into bowman along w/a letter upsetly but 100% professionally written. informing them that over the last year I have spent anywhere from $300-$1,000 a month on nothing but Bowman style baseball and football cards. and I am disappointed and let down that with the money I spent and the loyalty I've shown when it comes to what type of hobby box im buying almost 95% its gonna b a style of bowman....any sugestions?

Well, you may luck out and still be able to redeem it. I got a 2010 Donruss Rated Rookies redemption for Andrew Quarless earlier this year (with a 2011 expiration date), and Panini still fulfilled it. Of course, you're talking about Topps, so I'm not sure about what they'll do, but they may just send you a replacement if they don't have that specific card. Just contact them about it, the worst thing they can say is that you're SOL, which is where you're at right now anyway. Best scenario is they could actually send you something for it.