`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top-loaders vs. 9-pocket pages in Binders?

RE: Top-loaders vs. 9-pocket pages in Binders?
I currently have 18,076 cards in my PC
which 50-75 are graded, 2,500 or so in top loaders and the rest in 9 pocket ultra pro 9 sleeves
I have 28,000 cards for trade with approx. 200 in top loaders the rest in 9 pocket sleeves.
When I notice the sleeves starting to bend I change them out with new ones.

I also take time once a year to pull the cards in and out of the holders and pockets to make sure they do not stick and cause damage.
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

(05-22-2015, 12:24 PM)waynetalger Wrote: When I notice the sleeves starting to bend I change them out with new ones.

I also take time once a year to pull the cards in and out of the holders and pockets to make sure they do not stick and cause damage.

I don't have near that many cards but that all seems like too much work. I just use penny sleeves and top loaders. I don't like binders because I believe they are likely to damage the cards. But if you have thousands or even hundreds of thousands of cards then I can see the convenience in them.

Either way, I don't think there is a right or wrong answer.

I personally like/have switched to cardsavers for my PC... Easy to flip through, offers some reasonable protection and not as bulky as the top loaders.
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint