`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What Card/Collection Do You Wish You Had Back?

What Card/Collection Do You Wish You Had Back?
Just figured that I'd ask the question of what card or collection you wished you had back and that you never got rid of it. Well all go through tough times and sometimes our cards might have been a quick way out of a bind. Let's hear you tale...

For me, it was my collection of over 1200 different Steve Young cards. I built the collection here at Beckett.com for the most part, back when it was the old buy/sell/trade format. I started at around 14 or 15 years old (1997/98) and for a few years put together one huge collection. I ended up selling the collection just after high school when my parents made just enough where I couldn't student loans through the government but yet they said we should be able to afford it. Well we couldn't, so I sacrificed a some things to pay tuition. I only got around $300-$400 for everything and I had probably 10+ autographs and 30+ game used cards. Keep in mind this was now in 2002. Now that Young is in the Hall, my autographs alone probably could have sold close to $1000. I even got to the point where I had printed out a checklist of Young cards made at the time, and almost had everything. I got bored trying to find new stuff that I even put together a collection of Mark Brunell and got to around 500 cards of him too. Oh how I wish I could I kept those cards!

RE: What Card/Collection Do You Wish You Had Back?
My 600 card Jordan collection. I miss it the most of everything I've ever sold! I got $700 for it at the time and it had inserts that sell for $200-$300 alone now Sad
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

When I was kid, (8-12 yrs old) I had a binder full Kenny Lofton cards. I know its baseball but I had well over 400. And at that time, there wasn't a million cards of a player (1998) Well me being a kid, I handled them and reorganized them pretty much daily and damaged most of them over time....

Selling off a collection is a tough one. I almost sold my whole collection a few years back when I sent my dirt bike over a cliff and smashed the crap out of it. Glad I didnt, I just financed another a year later, and still ride like a mad man to this day.
I think I miss the 2 Gretzky Rc's I had as a kid the most. I traded them to a member here on Beckett a few years back. I am still happy with the trade. But miss the cards. Funny thing, I traded away the cards I got from that trade over the years. I dont even know now what I actually have that those 2 Rc's got me..lol
~peace~

Fx
[Image: coollogo_com-27107460_zps7a545244.gif]
[Image: d27e1c78-63c2-44e0-8315-da67d5fa420c_zps10136b00.jpg]

All of the Kobe Bryant cards I pulled back in 96-97 and a few years after. I had crazy luck with Kobe back when I collected basketball cards. I ended up trading all of them to a friend who collected him. Some of the better ones were 2 Chrome Refractor Rookies, 4 base Chrome rookies, a Finest Refractor rookie, and a whole lot more. Looking at what those sell for now, and even the rare inserts which I pulled a lot of. I'd have a nicer collection had I held on to them. haha I think at one point I had 15+ UD Kobe base rookies. I mostly traded them for Moss, Marbury, Shaq and other rookies that were hot at the time. Non of which compare in value to what the Kobe's go for now, probably pennies on the dollar.

I think that the cards I wish I still had would have to be baseball, in 2011 I had bought a few boxes of Triple Threads baseball and I believe I did pretty good. The first box I opened I pulled a Derek Jeter/Joe DiMaggio relic booklet #'d to 27. And a couple days later I hit another booklet, Mantle/Musial/Aaron/Ott/Ruth/Frank Robinson relic. Anyways last Christmas I was I need of some money for presents and unfortunately I had to part with them, and I miss them alot. I will probably never have another streak of luck like that ever again, nor own such cool cards like that. Oh well I guess that's life.
[Image: Z5Ez1Jf.png]
Banner Courtesy of Jbel4331
Current FB Sets
2010 Panini Plates & Patches RPA (35/35)
2011 Panini Gold Standard RPS (36/36)
2012 Topps Strata Blue Clear Cut (42/43)
2013 Topps Inception Green RPA (39/40)
2014 Panini Immaculate Ink #'d/49 (10/24)

My 693 different football Deion Sanders collection. I had some super rare cards of his!
Just a some of them!

[Image: 7e2b5892.jpg] [Image: 4c7626bf.jpg] [Image: f6995a6a.jpg] [Image: faa84426.jpg]
[Image: deionsandersultimate5.jpg] [Image: IMG_1163_zps2b0d6a31.jpg] [Image: IMG_1162_zps5c59e038.jpg] [Image: IMG_1159_zps380d49dd.jpg] [Image: IMG_1158_zps7e2cf974.jpg] [Image: IMG_1157_zpse7b55b88.jpg] [Image: IMG_0937_zpscf8a977b.jpg] [Image: IMG_0931_zpscdaba491.jpg]
Wants:
2006 Bowman Sterling Red Refractors #RB1 JSY Reggie Bush 1/1
2006 SP Authentic Rookie Autographed NFL Logo Patches #252 JSY AU Reggie Bush 1/1
2006 Topps Red Hot Rookies Autographs #RB Reggie Bush/10

I can honestly say I didn't know Sanders played on the Ravens....heh, and for me to think that I follow sports closely!

I have two cards I'd like to have back...had to sell them because I'm a gambler (I mean pack buster) and it cost me too much to get them in the first place...But I think these two guys may just be the future of their sports:

Anthony Davis National Treasures RPA
 photo anthonydavispatchauto016front_zpsc748a088.jpg

...and Andrew Luck National Treasures RPA
 photo andrewluckpatchauto70_zps089cb98c.jpg

Oh, and I also pulled this, but sold it to a guy who had a sob story about how he wanted to get it for his son for $300 + another $350 in trade...pulled at my heartstrings...but if i had known it was an actual game used jersey, I definitely would have tried to redeem this myself...or stuck to my $1000 original price.
 photo rg3memorabiliaautofront_zpsd16fe45f.jpg

Those are some pretty nice ones indeed! Pretty crazy how our collecting habits change so often haha