Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
whats going on with beckett pricing?

whats going on with beckett pricing?
bv on cards are dropping very fast.

exm. Miguel Cabrera, hottest guy and his cards skyrocked in bv and now dropping very fast with the bv

2000 topps traded Cabrera was 80.00
2000 topps traded chrome Cabrera was 120.00

any thoughts?
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

RE: whats going on with beckett pricing?
they are lazy and only look at the flea market prices on ebay.

the market on cabrera has dipped. partly due to his injuries and post season performance, i reckon. also, the big gains the bv had couldnt sustain itself, and probably was higher than what the market could bear out long term. values on puig have also dopped, for example

additionally, latin players dont get as much hobby love as do their comparable white counterparts (this also comes into play with advertising money and baseball players, actually)
(11-10-2013, 06:58 PM)dustin12368 Wrote: they are lazy and only look at the flea market prices on ebay.
BZZZZZ...wrong!~ but thanks for playing

I've noticed quite a bit of fluctuation in things lately, but there are some other pricing things that are bothering me more.

Namely, I've sent several emails about the 2011 ITG issue the OPG has. Namely, there are 7 or 8 different versions - different colors - of each "Grand Slam Auto 1/1." I've sent them the email exchange I had with ITG regarding the difference between them as well as including the PDF of the sell sheet. None of the emails have been answered and the OPG hasn't been adjusted to note the different colors.

Also, I've noticed that some of the 2013 Bowman Platinum base autographs have a BV higher than the green or blue variations, which are /199 and /399. Maybe I'm missing something and the base is the one you really want to have.

It seems like some of it can be chalked up to being inattentive, some laziness and to some extent (I'm guessing here) not enough people to do the work. It's kind of frustrating though.
Kepler

(11-10-2013, 07:17 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: I've noticed quite a bit of fluctuation in things lately, but there are some other pricing things that are bothering me more.

Namely, I've sent several emails about the 2011 ITG issue the OPG has. Namely, there are 7 or 8 different versions - different colors - of each "Grand Slam Auto 1/1." I've sent them the email exchange I had with ITG regarding the difference between them as well as including the PDF of the sell sheet. None of the emails have been answered and the OPG hasn't been adjusted to note the different colors.

Also, I've noticed that some of the 2013 Bowman Platinum base autographs have a BV higher than the green or blue variations, which are /199 and /399. Maybe I'm missing something and the base is the one you really want to have.

It seems like some of it can be chalked up to being inattentive, some laziness and to some extent (I'm guessing here) not enough people to do the work. It's kind of frustrating though.
are you sending the email to brian? (to his beckett email)

(11-10-2013, 07:23 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: are you sending the email to brian? (to his beckett email)
Yep, sent him two or three emails and got no response to any of them. And it's now been a few months since I sent the original message. The other times I contacted him about issues I heard back right away.

It wouldn't be that bad, but this ITG thing isn't a small issue. There is 1 Grand Slam listed for each guy and there are 7 or 8 (can't remember off the top of my head) and there's right 40ish guys on the checklist, so it's a pretty good chunk of cards and some pretty big named prospects.

Obviously, adding things like that take time, but it shouldn't take several months and several emails. Especially when I sent them the info direct from ITG.

Oh well. Just nice to vent once in a while in hopes that someone will stumble upon it and get it fixed.
Kepler

Pujols UD R/C dropped 50% & I just noticed Strasburg 2010 BP1 (non auto) has a n/a where it did have a price.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

I'm just hoping its a Beckett issue. I lost a total of 7,000.00 from total collection in one day.
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

i find it ironic that so many folks complain beckett doesnt reflect "real world" prices, but when they go down, no one is happy

pujols rc should have gone down a year ago

(11-11-2013, 08:18 AM)elberson Wrote: I'm just hoping its a Beckett issue. I lost a total of 7,000.00 from total collection in one day.
I don't know about you, but my total collection BV went up about 6K. But then again, I'm not heavily invested in any one particular ballplayer.
i.e. If Pujols prices are down and I had 2000 of Albert's cards, my BV total would be heavily tied to his performance or lack thereof.

Most of my higher value cards are vintage. I really don't have any current star higher value cards at all. I have a couple of Ryan Braun autos that took a nose dive earlier in the season, but that's about it. Most of my modern stuff had the usual fluctuations.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.