`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheet Cut Cards Getting Graded as Pack Pulled Ones?

Sheet Cut Cards Getting Graded as Pack Pulled Ones?
i would love to get beckett's insight on this. there is a person that acquired an uncut sheet of basketball 1997-98 skybox e-x 2001 jambalayas (released to the public through the bankruptcy sell) and had them "professionally" cut to match the pack pulled versions. He has sent many to beckett and they have been graded with no disclaimer that they were sheet cut. he claims that he told beckett they were sheet cut and not pack pulled and claims that beckett did not care. questions, does beckett grade these as regular cards and do not see the need for a disclaimer on the label? whats the majority opinion on this subject regarding beckett grading these as regular pack pulled cards and how do you feel about the practice of making these and selling them with no disclaimer that they are sheet cut and not pack pulled? imo, fleer did not intend for these to go public. its speculated these may have been made to use as replacements. for all we know these were gifts to employees and they got left behind and were sold off in the bankruptcy sell. the fact is, they were never cut by fleer and were not intended to be released into the public, or they would have already been cut and released before the bankruptcy.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

RE: Sheet Cut Cards Getting Graded as Pack Pulled Ones?
Same thing I thought when I read about it on blowout - Sheets were intended to be cut and inserted, possibly not, we do not know. I don't understand the difference if an original Jordan Jambalaya was damaged, sent in, and cut from the sheet and sent back out for replacement than someone getting a sheet and cutting them. Unless there are now 2 cards serial numbered 42/50 then number 42 was intended to be released. It did not create a 51st card being issued.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

PingBling, from what I've been told BGS has been grading sheet cut cards for years especially the early 80's hockey stuff. They're things up all over the net about it.
[Image: DEAN%20SMITH%20MICHAEL%20JORDAN%20BANNER...qrwcus.jpg]

(11-09-2013, 04:24 PM)patrick54 Wrote: PingBling, from what I've been told BGS has been grading sheet cut cards for years especially the early 80's hockey stuff. They're things up all over the net about it.
Indeed. I've known this has been going on since the 90's. It was no issue when the card was a $200 card but it is now that its a $3000 card lol I, personally, have had 4 or 5 sheets myself in the late 90's. I have never cut any because I always thought they looked cooler as a sheet but I've known many to be cut. In fact I know 2 people right now who have a 1998 Finest sheet with a flawless Manning RC on it.....
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC