`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BV vs eBay

BV vs eBay
Hey all!! Hope everyone's Friday is well. Just had to vent a little.
Now just had a trade get declined because he said my card sells for 20 in the bay and his goes for more than that.
So why in the hell do we have this website and trading if people don't go by bv and instead go by eBay. This, IMO, takes the fun out of trading.
If ur looking to get more for ur card than bv here on a trade, then sell the damn card in the bay!! IMO. Thanks all.

RE: BV vs eBay
I've had that happen before. I do trades at bv....unless the bv isn't listed then I've got to rely on eBay sales history. Bv makes trading much easier because it removes some of the individual valuation

If I'm trading I don't care what a card sells for....but if it's a really hot card I might be up front and say I would want a lil more coming my way due to demand

I see your point but sometimes there are dramatic differences in $. I sell and trade so you kinda have to look at it on both sides. But as you say sometimes it gets out of control. lol
[Image: OKimtze.png]

Sometimes BV takes a while to adjust to the market for hot players/prospects though. When it gets to the nit-picking level or trying to fully replace BV with Ebay it can get pretty annoying.
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

With me and they tell me that I always say this is Beckett not E-bay so if you want to trade like that go to E-bay I can always find another card.
I have lost a few traders for this comment but I really don,t care. There are new members every day and I will all ways try to trade with them to see how they like to trade. If they are trying to take advantage I will decline the trade or in their eyes I am not giving enough (which most of you know in BV I will take less in return that you offered) they decline because they want more.
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

Yeah I agree if it's not listed, go by the bay. But when that's all the trader relies on, it's crap!!
Takes the fun out of it. And I do understand if he's hot. Tell me up front u would want a little extra.
This trader was like doing eBay sales vs bv.
(11-08-2013, 04:54 PM)waynetalger Wrote: With me and they tell me that I always say this is Beckett not E-bay so if you want to trade like that go to E-bay I can always find another card.
I have lost a few traders for this comment but I really don,t care. There are new members every day and I will all ways try to trade with them to see how they like to trade. If they are trying to take advantage I will decline the trade or in their eyes I am not giving enough (which most of you know in BV I will take less in return that you offered) they decline because they want more.
Yeah this guy was new. I guess he's been gone a while. Then comes back wants to trade via eBay sales.

(11-08-2013, 04:55 PM)snappyjoe75 Wrote: Yeah I agree if it's not listed, go by the bay. But when that's all the trader relies on, it's crap!!
Takes the fun out of it. And I do understand if he's hot. Tell me up front u would want a little extra.
Exactly... When it gets to the point of fully replacing BV or nit-picking over a few Ebay $ in a trade, it gets very annoying.

If it's a hot card that is outselling it's BV I will often expect a little more or an equally hot card... if it's a trader who I know collects the player I most often ignore the hot-selling factor and trade at BV.

PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

I agree with you snappy 98%...

Bv is bv however I'm still trying to understand some things with Beckett my collection has taking a hit over the last month by about $1,000.

What I don't understand is some of the players cards that took the hits.

Miguel Cabrera, Chris Davis dramatically, wil Myers, PUIG, goldschmidt, and there are a few other, but wtf these guys had the best season by far compared to the others players in the league and some of selling value on the bay of these guys are way higher than what the bv reflects.

So in this case I think it's a double edge sword... It's really up to the collectors trading to come up with an agreement. I'm all about becketts bv however there are some cards I've dropped a ton of money on lately and there bv doesn't reflect so there is no way in hell I'd trade them for bv.

Any way that's my piece
https://rad3427.imgbb.com/
WANT LIST
1. Nolan Arenado RCs (all colors)
2. Ken Griffey Jr (90s inserts)
3. Bryce Harper RCs (all colors)
4. Mookie Betts 
5. Juan Soto

yeah i understand that. but at least the trader can tell me that he would like a little extra. instead of coming out and condemning the card that i offered in the trade that he is looking for. everyone on here is equal. and i do not need some jackass who is new here telling me how things are ran. granted ive been here for a couple of years, i try to make everyone happy. idk, guess call me old fashioned. the fun part is trading. reminds me of the days in grade school. good times!! lol!! thanks all.

This is just an opinion, BV is actually pretty annoying if you ask me. I understand the concept of people wanting to trade BV for BV, but everyone has to be honest. When it comes to certain trades it makes it impossible to really have an equal value... Case and point.... I collected the 98 preferred precious metals set.. Go look at the BV of these cards.... Now go to ebay and look at the actual SV of these card. Makes no sense.. The Griffey just sold for 710 on eBay. BV. I won't say it as it is against rules but lets just say it is less than 1/8 of that. Come on, if I went on BV I could offer a trade (2004 leaf rookies and stars Roy Williams and Mchael Clayton) for the Griifey then complain and say the guy won't trade me and I am offering him 1.5 times in BV that the Griifey goes for. While I do understand that when people are trading for the hobby and pure enjoyment..... don't think that for every 1 of these people there aren't 5 who don't see it this way. I sympathize with your pain but I think everyone needs to be realistic. I am not faulting your post just giving another perspective.