`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
might look into investing in Puig RCs

RE: might look into investing in Puig RCs
Prospecting is not the way to go anymore if you want to sell someday. Buying low on stars during down years is a solid way to see a decent ROI. For example, Albert Pujols cards are far cheaper than they've been in years right now due to his injury and questionable future. Pujols could come out and announce his retirement tomorrow and he'd still be a first-ballot hall of famer. He'd be as smart of an "investment" as anybody. The trick is to buy in before everyone else, or to buy when everyone else is selling.
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

Actually, one of the benefits of "base" rookies is that the low buy-in creates a ton of potential buyers.

With a guy like Puig (who unfortunately has a ton of different rookie cards available), cards you're currently picking up in the $1-2 range and easily see a 500% increase with a good string of games. However, a $400 Puig autograph is not going to jump to $2000 in that same period.

As for Puig's peak...it's definitely not now, but it has probably passed. It takes a superhuman string of events to keep pushing a peak higher and higher (a la what we saw with Pujols and Trout).

a base rc that sells for 2 will not sell for 10

I'm just hoping the market stays high for the next month so I can get my Puigs back from being graded and get them on Ebay for the holidays.