`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wanting to start Vintage Collection

Wanting to start Vintage Collection
I was wondering if where the best place to start if I wanted to start collecting vintage cards. I'd like start by either a set together of either 66,67,68,69 Topps. Would ebay be the best place?

RE: Wanting to start Vintage Collection
Yes I would try ebay but do your homework and only purchase from reputable dealers... expecially for vintage cards that can be faked. Good luck!

Good luck on the 66 and 67 Topps Basketball. They don't exist.

Topps put out a test set in 68 and its very rare and hard to find.
69 was their first full set.
[Image: sig2_zps1ec2af91.jpg]

(11-04-2013, 11:06 AM)akellington Wrote: I was wondering if where the best place to start if I wanted to start collecting vintage cards. I'd like start by either a set together of either 66,67,68,69 Topps. Would ebay be the best place?

There are a few websites that I've bought from in the past that have a bunch of raw and graded vintage commons in all sports.

Gfg.com
also known as daves vintage baseball. Has a wide selection of raw stars and commons in many different grades and sports. He also usually has frequent specials if you spend a certain amount you get a certain percentage off your total price, in addition, he ships for free if you spend a certain amount...I think it's $20 or more.

4sharpcorners.com
Most collectors are familiar with this website. They have a HUGE PSA graded inventory in all sports. No raw cards here. Very good prices on many cards even psa 9's and 10's (if you're into PSA).

Djssportscards.com
This is one of my favorites. This is actually a card shop that has a website too. Not the biggest online inventory (probably becuause it's a brick and mortar shop and can't list every single item online) but dj has a lot really good deals on raw singles and lower grade vintage and occasionally will get in a few really nice or high end rookies or stars. He does update his website with pictures when he gets a batch of new items in.
Forgot to mention dacardworld.com
They have vintage graded singles and even raw sets and partial sets sometimes.
Hope this helps

Find unopened boxes, and have fun with them. They may be cost-heavy, but you'll sure enjoy going through them.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(11-04-2013, 11:06 AM)akellington Wrote: I was wondering if where the best place to start if I wanted to start collecting vintage cards. I'd like start by either a set together of either 66,67,68,69 Topps. Would ebay be the best place?
I saw several 69 sets at the National in Chicago. Sounds like the only set in that era would be the 69 -70 set. I would save my money and buy a set at one of the mega shows. They will be out there. You'll go broke building it one card at a time.
Photobucket