Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Best Mailday Yet w/scans

RE: My Best Mailday Yet w/scans
(In some alternate reality)
Sweet Bob Bonner card! Man, his RC card really skyrocketed, didn't it? Too bad he had to share his RC with those other 2 scrubs ... Just along for the free ride on his coat tails ... Those leeches! Glad to see someone still appreciates the Ol'Bon-Bon Dude! Smile The other cards were nice, but I'm sure a PSA 8 Bonner Rookie was the jewel of the trade!
Bon-Bon was a wildman! Remember that Bon-Bon TV commercial where he was dressed like James Bond and he did that horrible welch accent and said " The name is Bon ..... Bon-Bon!" I literally laughed until I cried! Whew ... Memories, right? Right!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(11-02-2013, 09:03 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: (In some alternate reality)
Sweet Bob Bonner card! Man, his RC card really skyrocketed, didn't it? Too bad he had to share his RC with those other 2 scrubs ... Just along for the free ride on his coat tails ... Those leeches! Glad to see someone still appreciates the Ol'Bon-Bon Dude! Smile The other cards were nice, but I'm sure a PSA 8 Bonner Rookie was the jewel of the trade!
Bon-Bon was a wildman! Remember that Bon-Bon TV commercial where he was dressed like James Bond and he did that horrible welch accent and said " The name is Bon ..... Bon-Bon!" I literally laughed until I cried! Whew ... Memories, right? Right!
[Image: Drugs-Are-Bad-Magnet-C11755341.jpg]

nice p-ups man!! love the La Mata!!

Glad to see everything arrived in good condition. This trade was well worth it. See my post. Thanks again!
Collecting Phillies base cards from 1950-present
Collecting all catcher prospect and rookie cards

(11-03-2013, 10:00 AM)phillies816 Wrote: [Image: Drugs-Are-Bad-Magnet-C11755341.jpg]
Well, I thought it was funny! ... And I wasn't under the influence of any legal or illegal mind altering substances! Smile
Maybe you didn't see the ( in some alternate reality) title? Oh well!
Bob Bonner on Ripken's RC reminded me of Bob Ueker (sp?) on the Pete Rose RC .... When Ueker became semi-beer commercial-famous, he used to joke about how valuable his RC was, not mentioning that it was Pete Rose that gave the card it's value ... Not him. Funny? I always thought so!
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(11-04-2013, 07:58 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Well, I thought it was funny! ... And I wasn't under the influence of any legal or illegal mind altering substances! Smile
Maybe you didn't see the ( in some alternate reality) title? Oh well!
Bob Bonner on Ripken's RC reminded me of Bob Ueker (sp?) on the Pete Rose RC .... When Ueker became semi-beer commercial-famous, he used to joke about how valuable his RC was, not mentioning that it was Pete Rose that gave the card it's value ... Not him. Funny? I always thought so!
It was funny. I myself may have been a little tipsy while reading it Smile If it bothered me I would have just ignored it. Bob Uecker may be the funniest man alive BTW. I could listen to his stories all day long

(11-04-2013, 08:07 AM)phillies816 Wrote: It was funny. I myself may have been a little tipsy while reading it Smile If it bothered me I would have just ignored it. Bob Uecker may be the funniest man alive BTW. I could listen to his stories all day long
Great to hear! Didn't want to have inadvertently pissed-off someone while trying to be humorous!
And I agree ... Uecker is a wildman, for sure!

Nice. Love the vintage. The LaMotta is awesome.
Looking for HOF auto's in Baseball, Basketball and Hockey.

Always open to trading!

Photo Bucket
http://s949.photobucket.com/albums/ad331...49_bucket/

Here's my LaMotta ... probably a few years (maybe a decade or two earlier) before his hand was a shaky.
[Image: null_zps21867c1b.jpg]

Was wondering if it was worth sending out to PSA for authentication .. but it looks pretty real to me.