`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Poll: Should we open this to other sports or strictly baseball (remember you will receive what YOU collect)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
40.74%
11 40.74%
No
59.26%
16 59.26%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
2013 Beckett Secret Santa - LETS ROLL!

RE: 2013 Beckett Secret Santa - 6 HOURS LEFT TO SIGN UP!
CrakumsGT is in he hasn't had a chance to send you a PM so he asked me to send this to you for his verification not the secret Santa we work together so I know he is good.

Thank Richard
https://rad3427.imgbb.com/
WANT LIST
1. Nolan Arenado RCs (all colors)
2. Ken Griffey Jr (90s inserts)
3. Bryce Harper RCs (all colors)
4. Mookie Betts 
5. Juan Soto

RE: 2013 Beckett Secret Santa - ONE DAY LEFT TO SIGN UP!
(11-12-2013, 01:32 PM)hongkongfooey Wrote: this will be tiered, $25, $50 and $100 limits seems like a good way to go about it. This will NOT be done by BV, it will go by what you pay for the card. You don't have to spend exactly $25 $50 or $100 just keep it in that range as I understand some people will go to ebay, some to COMC, some to LCS, and prices vary, sometimes you'll get a steal. Everyone will be partnered up Thursday and I will send out the details via PM as to what your partner collects to give everyone time to find something.

Is there anything I've missed? I'm trying to keep it as simple as possible to encourage people to sign up and have some fun and make sure that everyone can participate no matter their budget.
Also, due to a few people either not responding to PM's or dropping out, we need one more person to make it even. After one more person commits, I will be forced to only allow 2 entries at a time to keep it even. So lets keep this thread at the top until tonight so everyone sees it!

My thought on this was to prevent people from figuring out the member by looking at old trade invoices or something, but I will send everyone their partners names and addresses
Not sure why you need an even number of people. Since it is tiered, that would mean you have an even number of people per tier? You are mentioning being partnered up, so that insinuates that whoever you buy for will be the person buying for you. That isn't really Secret Santa, as you would know who the Santa is that is buying for you (since it would be the same person that you would be buying for). It should be more of a randomized person (i.e. let's say 7 people are in the $100 tier, so then each of the 7 people would be assigned to 1 of the others, but not necessarily to the same person that would be buying for them), hence you don't need an even number of people.
Also, when people send out cards they should be sure to include a note saying that it is from Beckett's Secret Santa, so the receiver knows it's from this thread and not something that may be from a Secret Santa thread on a different forum.
One more question about the tiers, is it meant to be a single card or are multiple cards ok (i.e. would the $50 tier be only a single $50 card, or would 2 $30 cards be ok)? After all an auction I was expecting to pay around $50 for may end for way less (say $25). I may want to add a 2nd $25 card, since the 1st one ended cheap, but I wouldn't want to be breaking any rules if it was meant to be only 1 card. By the same token I probably wouldn't want to join the $100 tier and end up getting ten $10 cards.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

RE: 2013 Beckett Secret Santa - ONE DAY LEFT TO SIGN UP!
(11-12-2013, 04:37 PM)djohn Wrote: Not sure why you need an even number of people. Since it is tiered, that would mean you have an even number of people per tier? You are mentioning being partnered up, so that insinuates that whoever you buy for will be the person buying for you. That isn't really Secret Santa, as you would know who the Santa is that is buying for you (since it would be the same person that you would be buying for). It should be more of a randomized person (i.e. let's say 7 people are in the $100 tier, so then each of the 7 people would be assigned to 1 of the others, but not necessarily to the same person that would be buying for them), hence you don't need an even number of people.
Also, when people send out cards they should be sure to include a note saying that it is from Beckett's Secret Santa, so the receiver knows it's from this thread and not something that may be from a Secret Santa thread on a different forum.
One more question about the tiers, is it meant to be a single card or are multiple cards ok (i.e. would the $50 tier be only a single $50 card, or would 2 $30 cards be ok)? After all an auction I was expecting to pay around $50 for may end for way less (say $25). I may want to add a 2nd $25 card, since the 1st one ended cheap, but I wouldn't want to be breaking any rules if it was meant to be only 1 card. By the same token I probably wouldn't want to join the $100 tier and end up getting ten $10 cards.
I'm sending you a PM

RE: 2013 Beckett Secret Santa - 3 HOURS LEFT TO SIGN UP!
when do you want our lists? and when will we be notified of the person we are buying for and their needs?

RE: 2013 Beckett Secret Santa - 3 HOURS LEFT TO SIGN UP!
(11-12-2013, 05:11 PM)redsoxbwler300 Wrote: when do you want our lists? and when will we be notified of the person we are buying for and their needs?
I will be sending everyone a PM tonight asking for their shipping info and what they collect as well as what tier they want to be in. After I hear back from everyone, I will PM everyone who they will be buying for and what their person collects.

RE: 2013 Beckett Secret Santa - UPDATE
Bump! Updated 1st post

one question with the Tiers. $25, $50 & $100. are we going by BV or by how much $ we spend?
[Image: m3OLcuF.png]
Sig by: jbel4331 / STL Cardinals & Rams Collector

(11-15-2013, 10:31 AM)phreakyq Wrote: one question with the Tiers. $25, $50 & $100. are we going by BV or by how much $ we spend?
tiers are broken down by sale value

RE: 2013 Beckett Secret Santa - LETS ROLL!
Everyone has been PM'd regarding who they will be shopping for, Please refer to the 1st post for any questions you may have as they've probably been answered

RE: 2013 Beckett Secret Santa - LETS ROLL!
Thanks again for putting this together. Already bought my gift and it's on the way. Had a lot of fun looking for cards I don't normally look at.
2009 New York Yankees Autos Project: 29/52 (56% complete)

[Image: EAiRylN.png]

Sig courtesy jbel4331