`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
which flalwless rookie to get?

which flalwless rookie to get?
looking to maybe invest in a rookie from 2012-13 flawless...maybe not a flashy emerald or diamond card as i still think that in the long run, it would still be considered a parallel. i'm just looking for a autographed rookie, designated as a RC and numbered to 25. to me that will be considered the player's true RC.

of the two classes in this set, who do you think has the biggest up side? do you think kyrie and lillard RC as too high already? if so, do you think they'll retain their level of play to make it worth the while to go after? or is anthony davis coming along and will be a super star in the making? or is there any other player you think may be had for a good price that would take off once the season is in full swing? thoughts?

RE: which flalwless rookie to get?
Kyrie is priced like he is a superstar right now. I am not saying that he isn't. What I am saying is that he needs to stay on the court to justify what his cards are going for now. Lillard Panini autos, specifically Flawless, is going for crazy money. Too much to justify the current cost. A RC that you wont be very much into financially but has a ton of potential is Sully. Like Kyrie, if he stays on the court he can ball. Unlike Kyrie, he sells on the cheap.
http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q728...232c31.jpg

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

Kyrie is a gamble, but I think he has the potential to maintain his current Superstar hype (barring injury), keeping his card values high. Lillard has a lot of hype but I don't think his cards will ever be more valuable than they are now. He will always be a good player but never a superstar IMO. Like JMarchand said these last couple releases are his only licensed autos so people are going nuts for them. If he had been signing with Panini all year his cards would not be selling that high. I would go for a player like Klay Thompson, or Kawhi Leonard. Come playoff time if Klay plays like last year his cards will go up in value again.
[Image: 23892124190_71315005dc_b.jpg]

I have a barnes emerald and a brow davis auto /20 if you are interested

All good ideas...Sully could be huge in Boston...
(10-29-2013, 07:09 PM)JMarchand1981 Wrote: A RC that you wont be very much into financially but has a ton of potential is Sully. Like Kyrie, if he stays on the court he can ball. Unlike Kyrie, he sells on the cheap.
Klay and Kawhi are both up there already, but I agree they have room...
(10-29-2013, 07:19 PM)TBarn291 Wrote: I would go for a player like Klay Thompson, or Kawhi Leonard. Come playoff time if Klay plays like last year his cards will go up in value again.
Totally interested, but I don't trade as I don't have much to trade with...
(10-29-2013, 10:13 PM)Jbittman Wrote: I have a barnes emerald and a brow davis auto /20 if you are interested

I dont think theres too many on there that would be really worth investing in. I think Lillard and Kyrie are extremely high already and coming off their rookie and sophomore seasons. Only chance either of them goes up is if they lead their team deep in the playoffs or they were to win MVP, which isnt happening anytime soon. I think Anthony Davis has some potential just because he has so much talent for his size. Harrison Barnes I believe will be the main force in Golden State within 3 years(Currys chronic ankles are a reason why). Sullinger is cheap right now but will go up, just not much because hobby love is with the flashy players, mainly guards and small forwards. Kawhi is the future in San Antonio, just needs to develop a consisten jump shot. Drummond has shown flashes of being a beast but just look at Dwight Howard to see theres not a lot of hype around centers.

To summarize, i'd go with Barnes, A Davis, Kawhi, Beal and Drummond
-ones to def not consider-Rivers, Jimmer, Shved, MKG(just cant shoot at all)

Anthony Davis will have a breakout year if he stays healthy. He looks incredible. I think there are some upside guys who you could get for a decent price.

John Henson: He's long, athletic, hard worker, very coachable, and Milwaukee kept him when they were having a fire sale. You might be able to get something cheaper than others.

Chandler Parsons: He broke out last year like I thought so his cards jumped up but with Dwight there his numbers might regress so maybe during the year you could get one of his cheaper than usual and I still think he's a great player.

Derrick Favors: He is going to start in Utah this year. Watch out for this guy. They got rid of Al Jefferson and Paul Millsap so he could start. I like him.

Tobias Harris: He finished the year really strong in Orlando averaging 17 points and 9 boards a game. He missed last night due to injury but he could be a decent player.

Just my opinion on some guys.
[Image: VSiDkeU.png]