`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Poll: Blaster vs. Rack Pack
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Blaster
15.38%
2 15.38%
Rack Pack
7.69%
1 7.69%
Both equally
23.08%
3 23.08%
Neither (Stick to hobby)
53.85%
7 53.85%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2013 Topps Chrome: Blaster vs. Rack Packs

2013 Topps Chrome: Blaster vs. Rack Packs
Which of these has been better for you quality-wise. I've heard of people getting some nice colors and autos from each. Please vote and let me know which you prefer!

RE: 2013 Topps Chrome: Blaster vs. Rack Packs
I bought about 20-25 2012 Topps Chrome rack packs early this year and got exactly 0 color cards (besides the supplemental purples). Haven't bought any '13s, so I can't say either way.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

Both have identical cards. Depends if you like purple or orange better and what the rack packs are priced at.
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

I stick with hobby and buy/trade for color. Blasters and hangers are great for set starting/filling though. Would also rather be opening 1 hobby box verses 4 blasters as the wife notices the quantity of boxes (LOL)
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(10-26-2013, 11:48 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: I stick with hobby and buy/trade for color. Blasters and hangers are great for set starting/filling though. Would also rather be opening 1 hobby box verses 4 blasters as the wife notices the quantity of boxes (LOL)
Hmmmm.! Very true! Never thought about the box quantity aspect before. Good point! I've never bought a Topps or Bowman Chrome Hobby before, only retail blasters and hangers. (Rack packs? Same?)

This year, I've picked up at least 8 blasters and 4-5 hangers and got nothing to write home about. My only "hit" was a purple Puig from a blaster. (I've been doing better with Prizm hangers ... Bought 5, got 2 autos and some nice color cards) I'd say, save your money and buy a hobby box with guaranteed hits. I spent $200+ at target and got zippo ... A couple of hobby boxes would have saved me some money.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.