`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions about Grading

Questions about Grading
I Never had anything graded and had a few questions about it.

1) Do you grade Playbook Booklets?

2) When a card gets graded, may it be a 9, 9.5, 10, or what ever it is , how do you know how much the card is worth?

3) Do they tell you how much it is when it graded or is their a percentage per grade?

Just was wondering because someday when I'm ready, I would like to get some of my cards graded.
Thanks

RE: Questions about Grading
(10-25-2013, 03:04 PM)TYMISHU2PEAS Wrote: I Never had anything graded and had a few questions about it.

1) Do you grade Playbook Booklets?

2) When a card gets graded, may it be a 9, 9.5, 10, or what ever it is , how do you know how much the card is worth?

3) Do they tell you how much it is when it graded or is their a percentage per grade?

Just was wondering because someday when I'm ready, I would like to get some of my cards graded.
Thanks
1. Yes. You have to pay additional for the oversized slab.
2. You can use Ebay, other auctions or sale on the web to look at what similar cards are sold for. Your you can pay to have a Certified Appraisal.
3. No they don't. I think there is more to it than just a percentage.

I feel grading protects the cards for good. Using the Beckett Registry helps me to keep track of my collections so I can see what I have, need, or need to upgrade.

John
[Image: ZZZBearsBanner1.jpg]
Lance Briggs and Brian Urlacher Supercollector

Thanks John, I do use ebay to try and figure out what they would be worth, but it seems like the prices are just all over the place. Lol. Thanks again.

(10-25-2013, 05:09 PM)TYMISHU2PEAS Wrote: Thanks John, I do use ebay to try and figure out what they would be worth, but it seems like the prices are just all over the place. Lol. Thanks again.
Make sure you look at the "completed listings" for prices that items sold successfully (final price would be green, as opposed to red for no sale). Don't pay attention to active listings, as sometime people will list items for absurd prices to see if someone will bite or make an offer.

(10-25-2013, 05:09 PM)TYMISHU2PEAS Wrote: Thanks John, I do use ebay to try and figure out what they would be worth, but it seems like the prices are just all over the place. Lol. Thanks again.
This is the most challenging part of pricing any card. Sometimes the prices are affected by how well the person is doing (professionally). For active players, if they have a lousy year (E Manning), you can pick them up cheaper. If they are doing well, then there will be a premium. Same with selling them.