`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Ok, I'm confused - 2009 Topps Chicle

Ok, I'm confused - 2009 Topps Chicle
I don't know why I looked this up, but I posted a while back about this card, and thought I knew what I was looking at, but a different auction on ebay threw me off.....

Anyhow, so, the 2009 National Chicle Cabinet Aaron Rodgers Artist's Proof (artist's auto) card looks like this:

with a back like this:

And I've assumed while owning it that the back has the auto.

BUT, I just saw another version of this on the bay, and it has this on the front:

Now, my first inclination is that the person in the second instance wanted to try to make his an "ebay 1/1", but I'm not sure. There aren't any others that appear in Beckett's OPG that are oversized like mine, and the smaller version artist's proof is #d to 10. Is the second one fake, or is the one I have missing the actual artist's auto?

RE: Ok, I'm confused - 2009 Topps Chicle
Judging by the back of yours it looks like it is missing the signature??

Well, except all of them I've seen before on the bay don't have one on the front (I got the first two pics from another auction that ended recently that looks like mine, and it says that it's #d to 50 but doesn't have a number, like mine). The signature on the back almost actually looks like it's an actual auto as well... I just don't know enough about the set to know if they're supposed to be on the front or the back.

Do a search on Ebay. I have one of the Mini Lance Briggs /10. It's signed on the front and stamped /10 on the back. I doesn't say Artist Proof on the front like yours, and all but 1 on Ebay are the same way. Your looks to be unsigned and not #. The signature on the back is printed not a signed autograph.

John
[Image: ZZZBearsBanner1.jpg]
Lance Briggs and Brian Urlacher Supercollector

(10-22-2013, 10:58 AM)zubaltec Wrote: Do a search on Ebay. I have one of the Mini Lance Briggs /10. It's signed on the front and stamped /10 on the back. I doesn't say Artist Proof on the front like yours, and all but 1 on Ebay are the same way. Your looks to be unsigned and not #. The signature on the back is printed not a signed autograph.

John
Here's my thought since this is the only one you've seen. The dude is a freaking artist. Look at how sloppy that auto is. Look at its placement. Look at how it looks like a 4th grader signed it. Why not make it a bit smaller, a bit condensed, with the last name under the first on a nice looking angle?

Look at the picture he drew/painted and look at the signature. They don't match up.
Dude, not to mention the back of the card with the guys actual signature is completely different than the one on the front. This SCREAMS fake!
Penn State Auto Collection

www.PSUAutoCollection.yolasite.com

mkufta, yeah, that's what I was thinking, but I'm not the best at comparing handwriting and such. I was hoping that someone on here actually knew a bit about this set, and could get a better feel of it. Not that I would buy the one the guy is selling, since I already have one, and spent way less than that.

(10-22-2013, 12:22 PM)mkufta Wrote: Here's my thought since this is the only one you've seen. The dude is a freaking artist. Look at how sloppy that auto is. Look at its placement. Look at how it looks like a 4th grader signed it. Why not make it a bit smaller, a bit condensed, with the last name under the first on a nice looking angle?

Look at the picture he drew/painted and look at the signature. They don't match up.
Dude, not to mention the back of the card with the guys actual signature is completely different than the one on the front. This SCREAMS fake!
There are more on Ebay signed by the same guy CHRISTOPHER HENDERSON. The autos on the front of the cards look the same. There is even a PSA 9 Aaron Rodgers /10. It's not #'ed on the front so it must be stamped on the back. There is a Stafford that looks like the Rodgers /50 you shown us in this thread. I did a search for 2009 Chicle Artist auto.

Huh, and the one that's numbered to 10 looks similar to the one signed on the front, and is PSA graded. I guess that means that even though I have the card, it's not actually autographed. That typically reduces the value, I would gather...

There is a cabinet version of the card that is signed by the artist with only 50 made. There is also mini version of the card that is signed by the artist with only 10 made.

Here are some examples of the mini cards signed by the artist:
http://www.comc.com/Cards,sl,i40,=2009+n...icle+proof

The interesting thing is that there are several versions of the cabinet card that say they are signed by the artist, but don't have any signature on front (such as the one below).
http://www.comc.com/Cards/Football/2009/...rd/4841224

I am wondering whether Topps released (either in packs or directly through the artist) some of the cards unsigned. You might try contacting the artist to see if he can shed any light on what he did and didn't sign.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

The PSA one is a mini. I think your's is a cabinet version unsigned / unnumbered artist proof (might have leaked out the backdoor of Topps). I just did a search for 2009 chicle cabinet on ebay. You can see there is a Rodgers as well as a Stafford on there.