`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2013 Topps Update Jumbo Box Break #2

2013 Topps Update Jumbo Box Break #2
So I was a little hesitant to open box #2, figuring I couldn't do much better as a Yankee fan and I didn't want to be thrown into a card depression Smile
Anyway, I actually did a little better, IMO than the previous box ... didn't do real well in the crappy auto department, but again, the auto was outshadowed by the other cards.

Let's see, where to start ... first the "hit pattern" was the same in box 2. Auto hit was 3rd pack on the right. The 2 relic hits were on the left, pack #2 and #5. I lucked out and got a case hit in pack #3. So I'll start there ..

Silk Chris Tillman /50 .... nice card!
Cano SP .... very happy!
Auto Raphael Dolis .... ??? Why???
Relic Brandon Phillips ... cool!
Mini Babe Ruth ... groovy!
Emerald PRofar ... Okay!
Black Matt Adams /62 ... very nice!
Unknown color (Silver Sparkle?) Adres Torres /25 ... even nicer!
Ring card BABE RUTH !!!! .... Incredible!!!!

[Image: null_zps45e555e2.jpg]

So, once again, nothing that will put the kids thru college, but I can't complain! Once again, as a Yankee Fan, I lucked out big time, IMO.
And once again, I love the Update Jumbos!!!

[Image: null_zps4bf67e7d.jpg]

Wow!!! I'm a happy Yankee fan!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: 2013 Topps Update Jumbo Box Break #2
Wow. I'm not sure yiu coukda picked to heavier Yankee boxes! Very nice. I know you don't trade much but I'd be interested in that Matt Adams if it becomes available. Yankee ring champion!

You had some good ranger hits on those two boxes too...but yeah those were some Yankee boxes for sure

Another great break. You should go for the Yankees ring set.

(10-21-2013, 07:00 PM)franciscomarina Wrote: Another great break. You should go for the Yankees ring set.
Thanks?,
I didn't see a checklist, yet! Who else is there? It's a shame that Topps didn't come to terms with the Mantle Estate .... Sure would have loved a Mantle ring card!
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

That letterman jacket pic of Ruth is just awesome. I hope they don't overuse it because that's one perfect picture.
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

(10-21-2013, 10:27 PM)cross4444 Wrote: That letterman jacket pic of Ruth is just awesome. I hope they don't overuse it because that's one perfect picture.
Agreed, very cool Ruth photo, but they'll run it into the ground. Why can't they just take some new ones Smile
(10-21-2013, 06:13 PM)Neifert Wrote: Wow. I'm not sure yiu coukda picked to heavier Yankee boxes! Very nice. I know you don't trade much but I'd be interested in that Matt Adams if it becomes available. Yankee ring champion!
Yeah, that's never happened before! What's sad is that I have absolutely ZERO Phillies inserts/color for Joe. We've been doing occasional prisoner exchanges .. Phillies for Yanks. Yanks for Phillies ... Sorry Bombers, I won't be liberating any of you this time Sad

Out of my box i didn't pull any Phils either? We do the same occasionally. Even though i think i probably owe him a care package.

The Berra and Ruth ring cards are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't you just love those old-time jackets that the Babe has on???? I'm a Yankees fan too and I love those cards!!! Great pulls.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

Nice breaks, I looked at #1 too. When pricing comes out, will the Tillman be availble? that will give me time to go through and update my org..lol I have nothing in there FT right now and a bunch of cards that I've got piled ready to be entered.
[Image: ce8f6545-0bdb-49f7-be76-b13239e656d6_zps6d8f6973.png]