`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Getting back into my collecting

Getting back into my collecting
Hi everyone and to all my friends and fellow traders after a long absence and not collecting or trading I'm finally going to be able to get back to collecting on a limited type basis.
The wife took ill some time ago and had to undergo a triple by-pass and it left her with a limited use of her left side and the doctor bills just started piling up. I had to come out of retirement and go back to work so there just wasn't any time for collecting or being worried like I was about her making it I couldn't concentrate on collecting. We've been together for 46 years and married for 43 so the only thing that matters when one of us gets ill is one another but she's doing better and my head is starting to get above water now.

I'm Happy To Be Back

RE: Getting back into my collecting
glad to hear shes doing better

best wishes & welcome back to the hobby Smile my advice: buy the cards you want & don't waste money on busting boxes/cases....you will have more appreciation for your newly started collection without being stuck with all of the crap they are putting out these days Wink
[Image: 0nO6KkN.jpg]
L@@K: "The McCardlane Collection" ... All right here!!!
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/rollx8/l...LB%20Cards

Good to know that things are getting better at your end. What was your collecting focus on Mets?

Im a Mets fan here, Im working on sweetspots mets autographs. They are very nice cards.

Best,
Danny

Welcome back and wishing you both the best!
Collecting Phillies base cards from 1950-present
Collecting all catcher prospect and rookie cards

Glad shes doing better and glad to see your back
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

Awesome, welcome back! Glad things are better and you are right...real life in way more important than this. What do you collect? Also shoot me your addy if your interested in doing any set building from the last couple of years....I can give you a little kick start if your intetested, no strings attached.

Again, welcome back & have fun!
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Thanks everyone and I showed her all your best wishes, she's happy that I'm back collecting also. She told me this morning to go back into your little room and find something to do with your cards LOL. (I'm always asking her if she needs anything). Give me a few days to figure out where I left off and update some of the cards that were left laying on the desk and I'll post Pics for some trades.
(10-19-2013, 04:47 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Awesome, welcome back! Glad things are better and you are right...real life in way more important than this. What do you collect? Also shoot me your addy if your interested in doing any set building from the last couple of years....I can give you a little kick start if your intetested, no strings attached.

Again, welcome back & have fun!

Thanks for the well wishes I got some Phillies stored away somewhere let me know what you collect and I'll check to see if I have anything.

John

Welcome back and glad to hear everythings alright.
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.

It's always nice to hear about dedicated couples. Smile

Mets fan here too, feel free to check me as you get into the swing of things.
Mike Piazza supercollector: 4,267 different Beckett items
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile