`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2013 Topps Update 2 blasters & 2 hangers

RE: 2013 Topps Update 2 blasters & 2 hangers
(10-17-2013, 07:14 AM)Neifert Wrote: I always try to patronize my LCS but like you Joe he charges out the butt prices on the new product.

Good luck on your breaks guys.
Mine is usually about 10bucks higher than online sometimes more
Funny thing is the price goes up each week he said the distributors raise it every order so the first week is usually the cheap order price

(10-17-2013, 07:14 AM)Neifert Wrote: Good luck on your breaks guys.
Thanks, Josh! I'll keep you posted.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

So far have successfully fought the urge to hit Target with my jumbo on its way. Also won a hobby box of update on twitter a couple days ago. So I really really shouldn't go retail....but I really like those patch cards.
2009 New York Yankees Autos Project: 29/52 (56% complete)

[Image: EAiRylN.png]

Sig courtesy jbel4331

(10-15-2013, 12:08 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Picked up 2 update blasters & 2 update hangers. Figure it's gonna be a few days before my Jumbos arrive, so just like Josh Neifert said "just wanted to see what they looked like!"
[Image: null_zps1269a9a6.jpg]
[Image: null_zps32edabc8.jpg]
Nice cards! Lucked out and got 3 different Puig cards! The MVP patch cards are HOT!

While at target, picked up 2 Gypsy Queen hangers that were on sale for $6.17 ... Got nothing! Also picked up a 2013 Prizm and got a green Fearless Trout Prizm, which was a decent hit. The Red and blue Pulsar Prizms that come only in retail hangers are really nice! I'll post them when I get a chance.
I do too like the patches, a nice and rewarding small parallel compared to some of the other parallels in the product.

I had a newbie question, as mostly in the past year, I have ventured into certain retail blaster boxes (which for topps contained the special patches), but noticed people talking about rack and hanger packs and I was curious how to tell what all the "retail" versions are on the shelves at target/walmart are (besides blaster boxes) and what one expects to find in them versus another. Lets use 2013 update as an example for me to learn why I should be one over another or spread my purchasing across certain retail types?

Thanks for your insight,

Ed