`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Investment Question

RE: A Investment Question
(10-06-2013, 10:50 AM)accfan01 Wrote: I agree with Wayne except for the $5,000 price. I personally would go for a Babe Ruth auto since there aren't that many around. But that's my 2 cents.
I thought about a Ruth or Gehrig but it would be a better investment in my T-206 collection. I hadnt gotten a single card this year. It was an unplanned break but I hope to start buying next January and get 2-3 each month. Just need 86 more to complete that set

[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

@uvaspina very nice post sir. Seems like a no brainer doesn't it. Like just do it and wait 6-8yrs and sell them in mini blocks,etc.

I will say this... I noticed on Memory Lane that a Willie Mays RC sold back in 04 or 05 for like $7600

just a few months ago the same one sold for more than twice that. Both were grade 7 I do believe and neither one showed (OC)

Anyone can correct me if I am wrong but that is my story and sticking to it

ps... I have a handful of the mini black A&G Puig's (which I paid 20-30) ea/ for them. not sure if I did good here or jumped the gun

(10-06-2013, 10:50 AM)accfan01 Wrote: I agree with Wayne except for the $5,000 price. I personally would go for a Babe Ruth auto since there aren't that many around. But that's my 2 cents.
babe ruth is actually a very common auto. he signed everything, every time, everywhere. and most people kept them.

good information Jacob ty!

60's and earlier rookies and super stars.. buy raw, get them graded, sell.. repeat.. will it work? let me know if it does!
I've got Pro Set for Trade. All years, All sports, including Non-Sport and Errors and Variations. I collect All Pro Set and All Baseball from 1980 - 1991.

(10-06-2013, 10:01 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: babe ruth is actually a very common auto. he signed everything, every time, everywhere. and most people kept them.
I was referring to being released by card companies.
[Image: 286z31h.png]

Bucket: http://s863.photobucket.com/user/uncfan011/library/?sort=3&page=1

Also, if a card isn't graded then please do not list it as "mint" to bump the trade value. I trade nrmt-mt unless graded. Sorry

(10-07-2013, 10:26 AM)accfan01 Wrote: I was referring to being released by card companies.
163 different auto cards released by card companies. from that era, he is one of the most common autos

And most all are numbered less than 10. By comparison to other players and how many autos of each are released...his isn't very common.
[Image: 286z31h.png]

Bucket: http://s863.photobucket.com/user/uncfan011/library/?sort=3&page=1

Also, if a card isn't graded then please do not list it as "mint" to bump the trade value. I trade nrmt-mt unless graded. Sorry

he does not mean its common compared to mike trout he means its common compared to Christy Mathewson

Dont know about individual cards, however there are some nice pre-war memorabilia that continues to hold its value, this would be my route.