`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best IP Auto...post pics if possible

Best IP Auto...post pics if possible
I was looking thru a bunch of stuff tonight and found my Tom Glavine auto'd ticket from a Red Sox/Braves game in 2002 and I thought itd be a cool thread to see who was everyones best in person auto.

[Image: 20131003_210107_zps84c097c0.jpg]
[Image: image_zps2colexaf.jpeg]
Looking for Mookie Betts, Antonio Brown, Pedroia, Andrew McCutchen, David Ortiz, Draymond Green

RE: Best IP Auto...post pics if possible
I kind of like these two.

[Image: PweegTrout_zpsba94ba54.jpg]

[Image: 66bf3dee-a030-4aa8-8f4f-572fcce1fe9c_zpsb124811d.jpg]

The Klesko is one of my favs, my first game ever April 27th 1992. I was 6.
And Philips and Sizemore were some of the nicest guys ever, stayed and talked to us after the game for 20 minutes in the rain.

My best ones are on baseballs though, got Chipper at the 95 WS on a WS ball (fav ever) got Barry Bonds to sign one, Miguel Tejada on a Jersey after he won his MVP award, Randy Johnson on my 18th birthday, Frank Thomas at The Cheesecake Factory (I followed him, he was not happy) Marcus Vick in wal mart when he was buying condoms in college (he waited for me to run back to sporting goods and get a football) Mike Piazza when he was rehabbing in Norfolk and most recently Danny Hultzen when he came into my work.

I got tejada also just can't find it. Awesome story on Vick haha
[Image: image_zps2colexaf.jpeg]
Looking for Mookie Betts, Antonio Brown, Pedroia, Andrew McCutchen, David Ortiz, Draymond Green

This might just be my all time favorite FOREVER.
[Image: MarianoRiveraAutographedMiniHelmet_zpsa1a0a315.jpg]
Not just because he is a future HOF. Not just because he is a all CLASS guy. But got it this year and with my 2 year old son.

(10-03-2013, 09:17 PM)Ziveus101 Wrote: Hard to narrow it down to 1, so here's 63 of my favorites Smile. 58 are home-made cards, 5 are real cards made by companies.

[Image: siyips_0001.jpg]
[Image: siyips_0002.jpg]

Special thanks to R. Pimpsner for letting me use his pictures for the homemade cards.

On second thought my favorite out of all of these is probably the 2013 Choice NYPL Top Prospects Eric Jagielo card. The very first official Jagielo card out there and I got it signed Big Grin.
good stuff man. cant wait until I make that trip to Himes next spring to 1 up this collection lol

I caught this ball at my first baseball game that Cal Ripken hit in 1993 or so. I kept going to games to get him to sign it but no luck. Finally, it got him to sign it at the show in Baltimore last year. It was in person and was certified at the show. I also, legally, snuck in the Zenith card to get signed for free Smile. That is another story.

[Image: CalRipkenGameUsedFoulBallSigned.jpg]

[Image: CalRipken1997PinnacleZenith8x10Signed.jpg]
http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/ee167/kollectornet/

Mainly collect Harry Douglas, Baltimore sports teams and Atlanta sports teams.

[Image: harry.jpg]

(10-04-2013, 01:09 PM)kollectornet Wrote: I caught this ball at my first baseball game that Cal Ripken hit in 1993 or so. I kept going to games to get him to sign it but no luck. Finally, it got him to sign it at the show in Baltimore last year. It was in person and was certified at the show. I also, legally, snuck in the Zenith card to get signed for free Smile. That is another story.

[Image: CalRipkenGameUsedFoulBallSigned.jpg]

[Image: CalRipken1997PinnacleZenith8x10Signed.jpg]

Cool story, he's an incredibly nice guy.

Yaz was my favorite growing up in Maine during the late 60's and through the 70's. I would imitate his stance and hold my bat high during our neighborhood games. In the late 80s I worked (and still do) at the local NBC affiliate in Bangor, Maine and Yaz came up to do some tv commercials for the local Chrysler dealership. Our tv station handled the production and I got to work on the ads and in fact even did the voice on one of them. Technically I was in the same ad as Carl Yastrzemski although it was just my voice at the end. I met him and he signed some of my old cards for me. I should've had him sign some of my less valuable cards but didn't realize at the time that I was de-valuing them.

I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(10-04-2013, 04:49 PM)zeprock Wrote: Yaz was my favorite growing up in Maine during the late 60's and through the 70's. I would imitate his stance and hold my bat high during our neighborhood games. In the late 80s I worked (and still do) at the local NBC affiliate in Bangor, Maine and Yaz came up to do some tv commercials for the local Chrysler dealership. Our tv station handled the production and I got to work on the ads and in fact even did the voice on one of them. Technically I was in the same ad as Carl Yastrzemski although it was just my voice at the end. I met him and he signed some of my old cards for me. I should've had him sign some of my less valuable cards but didn't realize at the time that I was de-valuing them.

I may be in the minority here, but I have always disagreed with the notion of "de-valuing" cards by getting them signed ... to me, they are worth more, because they ... are ... signed.

Put it this way ... if you pull Mike Trout's base RC out of a pack of cards, and then pull his certified auto RC out of a pack of cards, which one is worth more?

Obviously some people look at it no differently than say a bent corner or a crease, which I understand ... and it may be tougher to sell a non-certified IP auto, but would you ever sell those Yaz cards in the first place?

So in that sense, they are worth much more to you than the same ones unsigned.