`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worth submitting?

Worth submitting?
You guys think these cards are worth submitting for grading?

[Image: dw1.jpg]

[Image: sel2.jpg]

RE: Worth submitting?
I think so! Two HOf players there! Personally what I do is I try and pick cards that if I were to sell them raw, they would sell for more than the grading is worth. For example that Drexler would probably go for $20-40 (might be slightly off). Since the raw copy would sell more than the grading costs, i would get it graded if I liked that player enough. I collect Klay Thompson and although I wnat to have all his RCs graded, I cant personally justify sending in a card that would sell for $1-2 in and pay $10 to have it graded. Also, I look at it this way too. If I were to plan and sell the graded card, would having it graded increase the value enough to recoup some of the costs? In the Klay RC example, if I had a $1-2 graded RC, it would still only sell for $5 bucks or so. So in that situation I have lost quite a bit of money. Not that it is always about gaining/losing money, but thats how I look at it. I do not sell my cards, but if I had to I lwould at least like to get most of my money back. But overall if you like the cards enough and want them slabbed, then any card should be fine. Once again, just my personal opinion.

[Image: Nick.jpg]

Thanks, that made a lot of sense. Since I got other HOFers' that were already graded. I was thinking sending them in. Here are the HOFers in my PC.

[Image: SCAN0012.JPG]

[Image: ew.jpg]

[Image: olw.jpg]

[Image: SCAN0222.JPG]

[Image: rb.jpg]

Exactly. If you have a theme going and that is the reason you submit cards for grading that is another great reason. Even if one of the cards isnt has High End as the others. I have a submission coming back soon and one of the cards I sent in was a Kemp Auto. The card only cost me $12 but Kemp was one of my favorite players growing up so I sent it in. I also sent in a Pippen, Magic, and a couple others for my nicer auto collection.

[Image: Nick.jpg]

that Drexler should get a high grade too. I sent in two Mitch Richmonds from that set and got a 9.5 (w/ 3 9.5 subs and a 10 sub) and a 9 that was .5 off of gem mint.

Good luck!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

The Wilkins' bottom left corner looks turned up, I'd leave that out of a submission.
All in with pocket Aces.... Andre Johnson and Aaron Rodgers.

What grade will a turned up corner drop it to?

I wouldn't. If selling it likely won't increase their value and if they are to remain in your PC then why waste the money.
Collecting Vintage OPC and older oddball and food issues as well as Maple Leafs.

Enjoy the hobby at it's purest form, treat it as you did as a kid.

If you're grading in hopes of flipping I probably wouldn't grade them. If it's for your pc, well there's no better protection on the planet (and you'll know what you have and that they'll remain that way for life) so I'd say go for it.

Probably a 8, but maybe an 8.5 for corners. That would equal a 8.5 or 9 for the overall grade, which at a 9 keeps the card's value but lowers it at an 8.5.
All in with pocket Aces.... Andre Johnson and Aaron Rodgers.