`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michael Jordan/Kendall Gill error card

Michael Jordan/Kendall Gill error card
Has anyone ever heard of a 1995-96 Hoops #21 error card? It is the Kendall Gill card with Michael Jordan's name. What is the process to have this verified? I can't find any information about it so I was wondering who to contact to verify and price the card.

RE: Michael Jordan/Kendall Gill error card
hey,
cant say ive heard of it.
even on beckett it doesnt show an error card in the set.
hope someone can help out on this
goodluck

is gill on the front and jordan on the back or vice versa?

The back is Jordan & his stats. The front is a Kendall Gill card and has a green banner up the side where the name is but the name is Michael Jordan.

During the mid-90's there were a lot of these error cards - so many in fact, that i think beckett got frustrated with it and won't recognise them. Ditto with a lot of print variants. I know that there's two print/color variants for 1990-91 hoops (series 1, series 2), there's color variants for 1994-95 Skybox Premium slammin' universe and some players have badge hologram variants for 1997-98 stadium Club (i've got two variants of the Ewing promo and the Ewing regular). Sounds to me like the card you've got is one of the many printing errors out there.

Collect Patrick Ewing, Jalen Rose, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green

if you have less than 25 trades, I will ask you to send first.

(10-03-2013, 08:05 PM)taffster74 Wrote: During the mid-90's there were a lot of these error cards - so many in fact, that i think beckett got frustrated with it and won't recognise them. Ditto with a lot of print variants. I know that there's two print/color variants for 1990-91 hoops (series 1, series 2), there's color variants for 1994-95 Skybox Premium slammin' universe and some players have badge hologram variants for 1997-98 stadium Club (i've got two variants of the Ewing promo and the Ewing regular). Sounds to me like the card you've got is one of the many printing errors out there.
We got most of these miss prints in Australia for some reason...
Just about all the miss prints in the 90-95 era we had them all...

I had 2 MJ Scoring Kings with Karl Marlone stats on the back....
Collecting BGS 9.5 MJ 90's inserts

[Image: MJBGS95PC_zpsaa817dfe.jpg]

Yup...Gill/Jordan was the common error in that year. IM if you're interested in moving it. Love the errors and misprints!
Collect Michael Jordan, Stockton/Malone/Hornacek/Eaton, Kresimir Cosic, Int'l oddballs
I specialize in hard to find oddities for player/team collectors
eBay Geonut (100+ auctions)
Int'l/player INVENTORY: http://www.hobbydisplay.com/geonut/

here is a Wilkins error card & Jordan error card
[Image: 1992-93UpperDeck454ADWilkinsFACE87ERR-1.jpg]
[Image: 1992-93UpperDeck453AMJordanFACE85ER.jpg]