`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A year in review.... The growth of my PC

A year in review.... The growth of my PC
I turned 32 at the end of September and I was reminded that last year I treated myself to a box each of Series I and II 1992-93 Stadium Club. This was after 15+ years of not considering basketball cards (though I would randomly grab a pack at Target just for fun). I heard local radio guy talk about buying 80's baseball boxes to bust as a fun hobby with his kid. I don't have kids yet, and boy did this take a turn for me into a hobby I had forgotten about. During the break I hit a Michael Jordan Beam Team which I LOVED as a kid. I was so pumped that I went online to see if it had any value, I found the forums, get the "fever", bought a Larry Bird RC, and the rest is history.

I wanted to take a minute to reflect on my Celtics PC, and I decided to share some of this. My Celtics PC now consists of:

-623 Individual Celtics Cards ranging from base to highly regarded autos to a Bill Russell RC.
-74 Paul Pierce Rookie Cards (Including Parallels, Inserts and Autos)
-49 other Celtics autos ranging from Rick Fox to Larry Bird
-A graded rookie of every Celtic who has their number retired by the team
-The complete 1983-84 Star Celtics Team Set
-2 Prime Patch Booklets (Boston /25 and Celtics /10)

I also want to say thank you to the members of this board. This is a fairly unrecognized hobby and the community here has greatly added to my enjoyment over the past 12 months. I often mention that I am also on other boards, but despite the low traffic this is by far my preferred site.
[Image: lnuVdUL.png]

RE: A year in review.... The growth of my PC
Cool post! That Celtics collection is pretty amazing. It has to be a nice feeling for you to be able to have so many projects completed. I have a few questions now, do you have any new projects your working on within the Celtics collection? Are there any particular goals with Paul Pierces Rookie year stuff you are still trying to reach? How is the Crusades Blue set coming along? And last but not least I want your two prime booklets Tongue Especially the one #ed/10. Do you have pics of it posted anywhere?
[Image: 23892124190_71315005dc_b.jpg]

Man congrats on the PC going so well and completing the Star Celtics set. I really want me a Bird rookie, would love to see a scan of yours, is it also part of your graded rookie set? If not do you think you may get it graded?
I collect Michael Jordan, Larry Bird and Kevin Garnett also certain High End Celtics HOF's.

[Image: jordanbird_edited-1.gif]

(10-06-2013, 10:42 AM)TBarn291 Wrote: Cool post! That Celtics collection is pretty amazing. It has to be a nice feeling for you to be able to have so many projects completed. I have a few questions now, do you have any new projects your working on within the Celtics collection? Are there any particular goals with Paul Pierces Rookie year stuff you are still trying to reach? How is the Crusades Blue set coming along? And last but not least I want your two prime booklets Tongue Especially the one #ed/10. Do you have pics of it posted anywhere?
Hey bud. Thanks for the positive feedback. I knew the note about the booklets would get your attention. I actually just got the /10 so I don't have it in hand yet. I will post pics when I get it. I am really looking forward to displaying the two on a bookshelf I my office. I have no specific focus with the Celtics PC. I actually keep all the base in a 3-ring binder sorted by NBA season. I just love flipping through and reliving the years or learning about players before my time.

My goal with the Pierce rookies is to just collect. I want as many of the nba licensed ones as possible. As you can figure I am at the point of just hunting down the really rare ones. Most of the ones I need are /50 or less.

The Blue Crusades are going well. I have been lucky enough to be able to trade for a bunch and I have bought a few cheap lots of the base ones. I am just over half way there.
(10-06-2013, 11:27 AM)kevinr Wrote: Man congrats on the PC going so well and completing the Star Celtics set. I really want me a Bird rookie, would love to see a scan of yours, is it also part of your graded rookie set? If not do you think you may get it graded?
Thanks, collecting has been a blast. Yeah the Bird RC is graded and part of the collection. It was one of those learning moments... The first real card I bought and it was graded BCCG. I quickly learned about that. The prices of this card fluctuate greatly so I didn't greatly over pay, but impair more than I had to and then I had to get it re-graded. The colors are phenomenal though, it looks great in person just a bit off-centered.

[Image: 71e7f604994515e43a8f19965ebd6e36_zps95485acc.jpg]
And while I'm spending the time replying to my own thread I might as well post my absolute favorite card...
[Image: 8cfa62c0e6bda62da1216b8a7ca97c5f_zps5ae7705e.jpg]
[Image: lnuVdUL.png]

Man sweet Magic/Bird dual auto, did you get them to sign or buy it? That is a nice rookie I have saw a few and they have not been that nice. I saw one that Bird was separated from Dr. J and Magic and they wanted $125 for it. I am not sure if that was a good price or not but it was more than I wanted to pay.
Here is a scan of my favorite Bird:

[Image: IMG_zpsd4ff7a8d.jpg]
I collect Michael Jordan, Larry Bird and Kevin Garnett also certain High End Celtics HOF's.

[Image: jordanbird_edited-1.gif]

I love it man. I turned 32 at the beginning of September. I got back into cards in May of 2012. The world of cards changed from the mid-90's(when I used to collect). My favorite two cards as a kid were the Shaq Beam Team (You were the absolute shiznit if you owned this card back in the day) and the Flair Hardwood Leaders MJ.

As a Celtics fan that grew up in Lowell, I love seeing your collection. It really reminds me of the guys I watched growing up.
http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q728...232c31.jpg

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

Welcome back to the hobby and great to hear of your Celtics collection. This year you'll be having Vitor Faverani on the team, who played down here in Valencia for the last two years. Great guy and fun player to watch. Can't wait to see his RCs! Good luck with the collection!

Awesome collection way to go!
-Aries
The Zodiac Collection
Boston Celtics Auto's Past & Present Super Collector
https://www.flickr.com/photos/156376773@...0713393666