Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flawless?!?!?!
Smile 
Flawless?!?!?!
I was in my card shop yesterday, and the owner started telling me about a 1300 dollar product coming from panini. Apparently, he had to order this week, and they hadn't even sent him a sales sheet for it! He did order a box when he found out preorders were already going for 1500, but it just seems like a crazy price for a box of cards!

Now, I know we all said that about Exquisite as well, but with such an Amazing rookie class in 03-04 it seemed worth it to me. I don't follow much college/d league/hs ball, but I highly doubt it's another class like that!

What are your opinions guys?
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

RE: Flawless?!?!?!
Not for this year's class. It is one of the worst draft class according to scouts. I read next year's class is going be great.

Another thing I just thought of...are lebron and mj still exclusive to UD? Wouldn't that mean in a 1300+ pack product of nba cards you would have zero autos of two of the best players to play the game?

Panini is supposed to be showing a look at Flawless sometime this week, which im just guessing will have one or two surprises in it. They showed the first cards a month or so ago on their blog and they look pretty good but no way as of right now would I spend 1500 on a box of this. I will most likely pick up a single or 2(fingers crossed they arent too expensive).

By the way, I think Immaculate will be the better than Flawless.

(10-02-2013, 11:25 AM)jdetter23 Wrote: Panini is supposed to be showing a look at Flawless sometime this week, which im just guessing will have one or two surprises in it. They showed the first cards a month or so ago on their blog and they look pretty good but no way as of right now would I spend 1500 on a box of this. I will most likely pick up a single or 2(fingers crossed they arent too expensive).

By the way, I think Immaculate will be the better than Flawless.
I think they went with flawless because the cards are "diamond coated" and there will be redemptions for cards with actual diamonds in them...hence flawless like a diamond

Basketball cards don't need gimmicks.

If I wanted diamonds or gold, I would go to a jewelry store.

I've seen pics of the preview cards and the player's I saw should not be in a $1,250-$1,500 product. Panini and it's """Flaws(less)""", a match made in the bottomless pit of everlasting fire and brimstone.

The Panini Tyranny Era continues to depress me as a basketball card collector..
Inconstancy is my very essence says the wheel Rise up on my spokes if ya like but dnt complain wen ya cast back down into the depths Good times pass away but then so do the bad Mutability is our tragedy but its also our hope The worst of times like the best are always passin away http://www.photobucket.com/vgqv

Flawless is going to be a 2012-13 Product so the Rookies will be from the double draft class. In every box you will find like 10 cards I think including a base card or a parallel of a base card with either a Diamond or Emerald embedded in it, and they will be #ed no higher than /20. There is supposed to be another announcement soon and some people speculate that its going to be Panini got a big name to sign. But it already has on card Lillard autos and probably the nicest Shaq Patch/on card autos ever made imo. I think the diamonds and emeralds are kind of a stupid idea but some of these cards look amazing I think and I'm hoping the announcement will be they got Duncan to sign. Some people say Lebron or Jordan but I think we all know that is not going to happen.
[Image: 23892124190_71315005dc_b.jpg]

Its a gimmick I'm not really into...or am I...my wife wants diamonds??? Buy her a few flawless singles, win win Smile
Players I Collect:

[Image: NewBanner_zps183e3df7.jpg][/URL]

Henderson Auto PC Stats:
Non 1/1's Autos: 193/202 95.5%
1/1's: 22/37 59.5%
Jersey #'d - 65

lol, tell me ya didn't sell out, Timmy!!!!!!!!!! I'd rather it be Sir Charles so I can finally afford one of his autos. Although it wouldn't be an Autographics, I can live with that at this point.

I should've picked one up YEARS ago, I would've saved hundreds... *sigh*
Inconstancy is my very essence says the wheel Rise up on my spokes if ya like but dnt complain wen ya cast back down into the depths Good times pass away but then so do the bad Mutability is our tragedy but its also our hope The worst of times like the best are always passin away http://www.photobucket.com/vgqv

(10-02-2013, 07:57 PM)vgqv Wrote: lol, tell me ya didn't sell out, Timmy!!!!!!!!!! I'd rather it be Sir Charles so I can finally afford one of his autos. Although it wouldn't be an Autographics, I can live with that at this point.

I should've picked one up YEARS ago, I would've saved hundreds... *sigh*
I didn't even think about that, Barkley would be an amazing addition. Although I don't think his autos would be much cheaper.... could you imagine some Barkley Patch autos....... with some sick 76ers patches.... or Pheonix.

Lol I wouldn't say I sold out, but I collect Tristan Thompson and Panini is the only company producing his cards. I have loads of complaints about Panini, but I'm sure I'd have complaints about any company in Paninis position. I try not to worry about all that stuff, it makes it a lot easier when you only buy singles and don't really bust wax. If I was spending thousands of dollars opening this stuff I would probably have a lot more complaints lol.
[Image: 23892124190_71315005dc_b.jpg]