`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3-Box break of PRIZM Hockey

3-Box break of PRIZM Hockey
Mixed feelings here on the break. The LCS had these priced at $105 per box, so total investment was roughly $375 (with tax, sleeves, and toploaders). Here's what I got:

AUTO's:
Loui Eriksson; Anthony Peluso; Jamie Oleksiak; Sami Vatanen; Eric Staal; Matt Moulson. My opinion- did OK with the NHL'ers, but two of three defensemen on the RC auto side is about 1 too many. Trouble is, there are 100 RC's in the set, so there are about 20 to 40 too many defensemen and a LOT of players who are certainly not going to make it big.

I did pull a very nice Michal Granlund gold RC, serial # 02 / 10 and also a nice Guy Lafleur insert # / 50. Last was a RC Copper die-cut of J.T. Miller (NYR)

Of the Prizm "Prizm's" I received, I got a nice Brian Lashoff (DET) RC Prizm, which made my day. Also got a nice Galchenyuk Initial Impressions Prizm parallel, and two nice "Immortalized" parallel inserts of Martin Brodeur and Joe Sakic. The downside was my base set Prism parallels included the likes of Brian Campbell, Luke Schenn, Jonas Brodin and the aforementioned Lashoff (all defensemen); plus Parallel RC's of Joe Cannata (VAN / goalie), Calvin Pickard (COL-goalie), and the Galchenyuk insert mentioned above.

BASE SET: Completed 1-200 and can out this set to rest. All spares are in my organizer for trade, if anyone else is planning to do the set. I do like the card designs.

ROOKIES: I pulled a total of 60 RC's. The highlights were two Galchenyuk's, Justin Schultz, Michal Granlund, Scott Laughton, Charlie Coyle, Tyler Toffoli, Jared Staal, and Tuuka Rask's little brother???. The worst part of the break - these three boxes came from the same case and there were TWENTY DUPLICATE RC's in three boxes. So I'm short 60 RC's from completion and loaded the duplicates into my organizer. My opinion- that's about 18 duplicates too many for the same case of product.

Inserts:
2- Pivitol Players...Andrew Ladd (WPG) and Evgeni Malkin (PIT)
Endless Impressions...Guy Lafleur (MTL)
Net Defenders...Luongo (VAN) and Fleury (PIT)

All base cards, spare RC's, inserts, auto's etc. are in my org for trade-BV's are not yet available, so it may take some "negotiation" should anyone want them now.

Thanks guys- HAPPY COLLECTING!!
Eddie

RE: 3-Box break of PRIZM Hockey
Decent looking break Eddie,

I just love the design and feel of the Prizm set. I have busted 4 boxes. One complete box of rookies were doubles and I am yet to finish the base set. Good thing about the rookies is that my brother need every single one of them for his set. I am still waiting for you to get back to me one our pending trade. There are a few of the rookies that I would need if you want to keep this going.

Chris
[Image: 35754349162_ed852a8323.jpg]

Bucket: https://www.flickr.com/photos/123198232@N04/albums
"ONLY TRADER ALBUMS ARE AVAILABLE"

I will be buying singles from this product decent break
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

Hi Eddie, Save that double of Justin Schultz for me, I bought a box myself and may have some rookies you need.
Duane
Always looking for Oiler Cards.  
Currently have 17k + different Oilers Cards
Other Projects
Black Diamond up to 14-15 SPs 
Need 18 McDonald Inserts
Need 5 OPC 09-10 Canadian Heroes Rainbow
Need 5 OPC 12-13 Popups
Need 6 97-98 Donruss Preferred
Need 2 02-03 Topps Heritage
All wants listed in org

Hi guys

I'm not collecting prizm but have some cards, played pack poker last night at the card shop and lost a 13-14 Panini Prizm Rookie Autographs #ANY Nail Yakupov in one of the hands. Cards will be in organize later on tonight

George
Sets that I am currently working on
13-14 UD Exclusives /100 (446/500)
13-14 UD Canvas
13-14 OPC Rainbow (587/600)
12-13 UD Exclusives /100

collect
Jarome Iginla
Jordan Eberle
Sean Monahan

Not too bad of a break, just all the double RCs. I am putting together the base and RCs. Check me if I have anything you need to work out a trade.
Collecting:
Current Penguins / Sidney Crosby / Penguins RCs

[Image: 39d17c38-0760-4e5f-8be4-b6c654d92bea_zpsjsqahbfv.jpg]
The mountains are calling and I MUST GO!!!!

Sorry to hear about the rookies! I bought half a box. Im not going to be buying anymore of this product unless the price goes down ALOT!

yikes but at least you got a few good hits

happy collecting
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

not bad, i dont think ill be buying any of this but i like the look of the cards. If you pulled the Etem or Komarov RC i'd be interested in it as part of our trade. Sent you a different offer a few night ago, waiting for a reply!

Jon

Really nice looking cards. But I agree the RC class is too big and most of them are garbage players so there is less value. How was the collation between the boxes? I saw 3 boxes opened at my LCS Saturday and it was awful. I think he almost had more doubles than singles.
I collect Hockey and Basketball.
Mostly looking for YGs and Leafs.