`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The other 4 Chrome blasters + 4 Prizm blasters = Not bad!

The other 4 Chrome blasters + 4 Prizm blasters = Not bad!
So yesterday I grabbed four blasters of Topps Chrome ... hit a Puig RC, Nick Franklin auto redemption, and a hot box of purple refractors.

Had a feeling I should leave the remaining four blasters at the store, but I went ahead and picked them up today.

Should have stayed with my gut — best card (by far) was a Wil Myers purple refractor.

I did pull the base cards of Trout and Harper (same pack!), so it was not a total loss ... but for the price of the blasters, I could have had a hobby box!

I did much better on four blasters of Prizm ... first Prizm product (to my knowledge) to actually be released in blaster configuration!

(Last year's football or basketball would have been SWEET!)

Pulled a green prizm "Band of Brothers" of the Nats (Harper!), a Trout USA card, a Peter Bourjos auto (if you squint you can pretend it's Trout, LOL), and ...

A Rookie Challengers Yasiel Puig insert, in the last blaster!

Now, I checked Panini's website, and there are 18 cards in that set ... and I only pulled two (Gyorko was the other) in four blasters, so that's a reasonably tough pull for retail.

So yeah, could have done better, but could have done much worse, too.

RE: The other 4 Chrome blasters + 4 Prizm blasters = Not bad!
That's a lotta blasters!! TC could have been better but wasn't a total loss. Puig is a pretty solid pull outta 4 blasters. I've bought 4 hobby boxes and haven't hit a base of him or Harper. Check me for set needs if your trading your TC. Thanks, Josh.

Still think you did good!! How's Prizm look this year? Any Yanks out of each?

I know how it feels I found a store with 8 blasters today, I hit a hot box on one of the 4 I got now have the itch to get the rest but I know I already got the best they had

(09-28-2013, 09:37 AM)Neifert Wrote: That's a lotta blasters!! TC could have been better but wasn't a total loss. Puig is a pretty solid pull outta 4 blasters. I've bought 4 hobby boxes and haven't hit a base of him or Harper. Check me for set needs if your trading your TC. Thanks, Josh.
Will do.
(09-28-2013, 10:18 AM)decriscio619 Wrote: Still think you did good!! How's Prizm look this year? Any Yanks out of each?
The Prizm base is actually kind of an odd design IMO, wouldn't have gone for it if not for the Puig factor, LOL.

And actually, the base RC is just a picture of him running (kind of like Bowman Platinum, without the bat), so I'm just going to quit on the Prizm.

Was pretty happy with the Puig, Trouts and the Harper prism ... not to mention the Bourjos auto.

As for Yanks, I'll check ... I busted them so quickly it's all kind of a blur, LOL