`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1990 pro set hockey errors/variations

RE: 1990 pro set hockey errors/variations
I have two 800 count boxes. they can be yours if you want. shoot me a PM if interested

I have a bunch of pro set Music cards I believe from 1990 let me know if your interested

this is an old posting. i was looking for the paul gillis. its got a bv of 400. i now have 5 of them. as to the music cards, no one wants those.
ALWAYS looking for gizmo williams 1989 pro set footbal, 1992 pro set ground force cards, ane 1990 Paul Gillis pro set hockey error.

Paul Gillis for $400. Definitely a mistake somewhere

the palu gillis bloody nose variation is like 400. they sell on ebay for around the 250 mark
ALWAYS looking for gizmo williams 1989 pro set footbal, 1992 pro set ground force cards, ane 1990 Paul Gillis pro set hockey error.

I've been working on the 90-91 ProSet Series 1 hockey myself, going through them with a magnifying glass, looking for constant varieties. I'd be more than happy to share notes - the various checklists that are around, including here on Beckett, are sadly inadequate. For instance, Beckett doesn't list any with the backs printed upside down, Junk Wax Gems does, but I have a short stack that aren't documented there either, and am pretty sure there are others that I just haven't found yet.

And there are some documented varieties that seem to be unverified, mostly cards missing traded stripes (these are so noted on the junk wax gems website). If you have any of the following #s, I'd be very interested in seeing a scan to validate their existence: 21A Housley -- 39A McCrimmon -- 59A Savard -- 147A Chelios -- 205A Nilan -- 330A Hawerchuk. Other than these, I'm only missing 40A Mullen (no traded stripe, definitely exists) and the Gillis bloody nose card from the Beckett listing. There are a couple more on the Junk Wax Gems list that I don't have, but I think some of those may be printing freaks, not necessarily constant varieties.

Another thing you won't find on any list, all of the all-star series cards have a variety with a plate flaw in the all-star star in the upper left corner on the front. Here's the #340 Gretzky with the flaw, it's a white "curl" in the left side of the star. I have copies of this variety for all of numbers 337 - 376.

[Image: Front20star20flaw_zpsl3bzyrt5.jpg] [Image: Front20star20flaw20lo-res20crop_zpshuwrn9u8.jpg]

Just curious, did you buy your Gillis cards or pull them from boxes?
Building sets, and collecting Alex Ovechkin, Calle Johansson,
Craig Laughlin and Braden Holtby

(04-04-2015, 09:29 PM)mswatson Wrote: I've been working on the 90-91 ProSet Series 1 hockey myself, going through them with a magnifying glass, looking for constant varieties. I'd be more than happy to share notes - the various checklists that are around, including here on Beckett, are sadly inadequate. For instance, Beckett doesn't list any with the backs printed upside down, Junk Wax Gems does, but I have a short stack that aren't documented there either, and am pretty sure there are others that I just haven't found yet.

And there are some documented varieties that seem to be unverified, mostly cards missing traded stripes (these are so noted on the junk wax gems website). If you have any of the following #s, I'd be very interested in seeing a scan to validate their existence: 21A Housley -- 39A McCrimmon -- 59A Savard -- 147A Chelios -- 205A Nilan -- 330A Hawerchuk. Other than these, I'm only missing 40A Mullen (no traded stripe, definitely exists) and the Gillis bloody nose card from the Beckett listing. There are a couple more on the Junk Wax Gems list that I don't have, but I think some of those may be printing freaks, not necessarily constant varieties.

Just curious, did you buy your Gillis cards or pull them from boxes?
I pulled my Gillis 25 years ago and just recently realized what i had.....you looking to buy one?

(04-04-2015, 09:36 PM)greatonegretzky99 Wrote: I pulled my Gillis 25 years ago and just recently realized what i had.....you looking to buy one?
I'm still breaking boxes of this, so at this point, I'm not ready to buy. May be at some point, though.

Anybody got cards with backs printed upside down??