Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2013 Panini Prizm collation horror story

2013 Panini Prizm collation horror story
Got 2 boxes of Panini Prizm 2013.

The collation is horrible. Just for the rookie set ( cards 201-300 ).

In box 1 , i got 32 of these rookie crds. No duplicate. Box 2 had 40 rookie cards. I got 8 new cards AND 32 that are the exact ones i got in box 1. And of course, no Profar, no Machado, no Miller, no Puig.

The inserts ? The USA cards. Got 4 , 2 R.A. Dickey, 2 Alwx Gordon. got 8 fearless cards , 3 of which duplicates, 3 rookiechallengers ( 2 Wacha there ), ,

Box 1 had 2 duplicates in cards 1-200 , card 114 Yonder alonso and 171 Matt Wieters. In box 2 there was only 14 duplicates. not bad,

So, in 2 boxes, i have TWICE as much duplicates in rookies while there are only half the number of cards in that sections.

Completion of base set : 62,5 %
Completion of rookie set : 40 %

If there had NOT been any duplicate, Completion would have been 72,5 % and for the rookies it would have been 72 %.

RE: 2013 Panini Prizm collation horror story
My only thought is that the two boxes must have come from 2 different cases. By the sheer number of cards you would expect some dupes, but it seems you ended up with a bunch of set builder trade bait rather than what should be about 80% of the set and some nice inserts. I am staying away from this product this year (that would be all I need, yet another 3/4 set to track down Smile ), but how many 'PRIZM' refractors did you get? Check those dupes carefully you may be better off than you think. If they are the refractor type, and they are like last years, they should say PRIZM somewhere on the card back.
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

That is the problem. I got 2 die-cut prizm. So they're easy to spot.

In the 2012 product, i would not have spotted teh Prizms if not for the fact it says Prizm on the cards.
Here though, it is not written on the back.
I am color-blind, see from only one eye and am VERy near-sighted. So, i could be staring a Prizm in the face and not realize it

If you pulled any Lawrie give me a look, please.
should say Prizm under the number of the card

I dont think you can hold panini responsible for 2 different boxes collation. I could see a complaint for a single box containing duplicates, but even 2 boxes from the same 12 box case, your going to have some replication on small set of 100 cards (rc portion)
All in with pocket Aces.... Andre Johnson and Aaron Rodgers.