`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2013 Topps pack break

2013 Topps pack break
Went to Walmart today and decided to grab two packs of 2013 Topps. They were the hanging two-pack things, they say Jumbo on them but they aren't hobby jumbo. 36 cards total each, just under $5 each.

Top pack, pack 1: nothing but base, though I did get Tommy Hanson for myself, as well as David Price and Buster Posey

Bottom pack, pack 1:
Justin Wilson RC

Chasing History: Cliff Lee, Carlos Gonzalez, Mark Trumbo
(The Lee and CarGo seem to be some kind of foil/refractor parallel as the Trumbo is different than them)

Blue parallel: Wandy Rodriguez, Phil Hughes, John Lackey

1972 Mini (or whatever it is): Eddie Mathews

Making their Mark: Salvador Perez

Cut to the Chase (die-cut): Chris Sale

Making their Mark game-used jersey: Stephen Strasburg

Top pack, pack 2: all base, but got BJ Upton and Brandon Beachy for myself, and Tom Koehler and Martin Maldonado RCs

Bottom pack, pack 2:
Alfredo Marte RC

Chasing History: Sandy Koufax, Ken Griffy Jr., Matt Cain (same foil, parallel thing for the Koufax and Jr.)

Blue parallel: Brandon Barnes, Eduardo Nunez, Paul Goldschmidt

1972 (?) Mini: Fred Lynn

Gold parallel: Miguel Cabrera

Emerald parallel (I believe it's called Emerald): Ernesto Frieri

So did I get really lucky with the bottom pack on each of these or is this how they all are? I haven't bought any '13 Topps this year so I might be wrong, but it seems to me that I got incredibly lucky. It's enough to make me want to drive back and get the rest off the rack. I bought the same kind of pack (two pack hanger) of O-Pee-Chee hockey cards a few weeks ago and definitely did not get anything close to the equivalent type of cards in that set so I didn't know if it is just Topps rather than the type of packs I bought.

RE: 2013 Topps pack break
The Strasburg made all that worth it

I have a Strasburg PC, would be happy to trade for it ... please check me and PM me if interested. Thanks! RJ

Yeah, you did great with the Stras alone. All told, I'd say you did quite well.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

Bottom pack always has the insersts / hit's. Yea, you pulled the retail box hit on that Stras. (don't go back there for any more of those hangers!) Congrats!
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Yeah, I thought with all the inserts I must have hit a hot pack or something. Then I looked up their BV's. I guess they're cheap because they're pretty common in packs. Aside from getting the jersey card, everything else was pretty typical I guess. One other thing I discovered was that in the bottom half of the second pack, I got a Chase Utley base that turned out to be one of the variation cards, with a BV of $12. Same as the Strasburg gu, so that was nice.

rjcj - I looked at your Organize but didn't see anything I'm interested in. Not really sure yet if I'm going to try to build some sets or trade these away.