`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Collector

New Collector
Hey everyone, just started to get back into baseball card collecting and was wondering how safe trading is on this site? Ive been selling cards on Ebay and using that money to buy the cards that I want. It would be easier in my opinion to trade and was just wondering how well the process works on here. thanks in advance.
[Image: KErsahw1fw_zpsd1e78d4f.png]

RE: New Collector
It works pretty well. The ORG is a cool tool that can be helpful for trading once you get the hang of it, although dysfunctional at annoying at times. The VAST majority of people I've encountered on this site are cool and dependable. Welcome!
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

Thanks for the reply. I think I will start trading on here, I uploaded images on this site but that seems to be useless. What do you use for pictures of your cards..flickr?
[Image: KErsahw1fw_zpsd1e78d4f.png]

I use photobucket

Welcome. As stated, once you get the hang of ORG. this is a really great site for trading (and selling, again if through ORG). I think the baseball folks here are great (don't really venture into the other area's to much) and trading is what you make it. Always look at folks feedback as a starter. Also, until you get established, alot of folks will ask you to send 1st (until 20-25 trades...building cred). Don't get upset about it....just trying to protect themselves. Have fun and take a look at my measley ORG for anything that may interest you when you get a chance.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Trading here is great. I've averaged a couple trades a week for the last two years. Only had one or two bad ones total. If you're thinking of starting out, I'd recommend going with the guys who are active on the boards (not necessarily me). It's hard to go wrong with one of those guys. Welcome and good luck.

-If you have any Verlander, Cabrera, Stanton, or Avisail Garcia, drop me a line.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

Welcome to Beckett
1- Most of us use Photobuckett- Thumbnails do not work here
2- I have almost 600 trades since I started and only been burned 3 times
3- Like the others have said use the ones that are active for they do not want to tarnish their rep.
4- We are all human and make mistakes in trading (accidently send the wrong card, didnt notice they were damaged, or forgot to pack a card) As long as you correct the error nothing will be said except between you and the fellow trader. For example I forgot to ship a package I was notified this morning that they did not recieve. I dont usually go into my PC to give anything away but I feel like I must make up for it and I will and will ship tomorrow during lunch
5- once you recieve the card(s) always leave feedback
6- Most importantly have fun that is why we all are here

[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

Wecome! I am a very new trader here and could not be more happy. Folks have been very patient and helpful. Site definately has it's quirks but they keep chipping away at improvements. Looking forward to working with you....

If you start trading, expect to ship first (especially if you're dealing with established traders) unless someone is designated as a "MUST SEND FIRST". I think the general rule is, if you have less than 25 trades you're expected to ship first, no questions asked. (Unless of course if the other guy has less than 25. In that case, you guys just sort it out). I'd suggest starting somewhat small. Trades in the $25-50 range. Establish a reputation and go from there. Like anywhere else, don't expect to unload 10 $5 cards for a $50 auto. Most people will be annoyed that you asked. There aren't a lot of sharp elbows though and fair trading seems to rule the day, at least in my experience.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

Welcome to the community Smile I hope to make future trades with you....I've found everyone here to be very pleasant!!! I haven't made any trades yet but I have been a member for quite some time & I am very active on the boards. I am also in this month's Sept. 2013 Beckett Super Collector issue Pg.14 Wink
[Image: 0nO6KkN.jpg]
L@@K: "The McCardlane Collection" ... All right here!!!
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/rollx8/l...LB%20Cards