`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Book Value

RE: Book Value
(09-18-2013, 10:58 AM)jonathani Wrote: Great summary!
except for the fact that it isnt true

I use this formula I found in a Beckett almanac about 5 years ago when it gave me multipliers for donruss diamond kings. I think it works pretty good myself
Of course if its low end product topps total or somethin like that press plates 50x base value and super fractors I use 40x base value
so .40 card= 20.00 and a 1.25 base card is 60.00

So if its a 50.00 base then its 2,500-- Only applies to who the player is and if it is a nice enough card

Above all ask your self what would you pay for it if you were to buy it from someone. That is a good way to get a realistic value as a buyer not a seller
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

(09-18-2013, 01:03 PM)waynetalger Wrote: I use this formula I found in a Beckett almanac about 5 years ago when it gave me multipliers for donruss diamond kings. I think it works pretty good myself
Of course if its low end product topps total or somethin like that press plates 50x base value and super fractors I use 40x base value
so .40 card= 20.00 and a 1.25 base card is 60.00

So if its a 50.00 base then its 2,500-- Only applies to who the player is and if it is a nice enough card

Above all ask your self what would you pay for it if you were to buy it from someone. That is a good way to get a realistic value as a buyer not a seller
Interesting that you would value press plates over superfractors. I would take the opposite stance. I would probably say press plates more like 30-50x base and superfractors 50-100x base, depending on the card of course. I could see a common press plate for $10-12 and a common superfractor for $30-40. That's just my opinion though. There are some people that think press plates aren't true 1/1s but really are 1/4s since there are 4 different color variations (or 8 different cards if there are press plates of the back as well as the front). There is only one superfractor though. I would agree with the last point though - it's fair if you think it's fair. Not everyone will agree with your valuation so as long as you are satisfied that's all that matters.

@OP the person you are trading with may also be saying that he wants $300 BV in return for the 1/1 card you are interested in. Without knowing the specifics of the proposed deal it's difficult to judge whether that's reasonable or not. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. Just depends on the cards involved.
[Image: UWashBanner2.jpg]
Banner by mattfastiggi
Collecting: Brett Favre (7,771 unique as of 6/1/2015), Packers, UW Huskies (Shaq Thompson, Shelton, Peters, Kikaha, Sankey, ASJ, Trufant, Locker, Brunell, Dillon, etc.)

(09-18-2013, 03:17 PM)uwash97 Wrote: Interesting that you would value press plates over superfractors. I would take the opposite stance. I would probably say press plates more like 30-50x base and superfractors 50-100x base, depending on the card of course. I could see a common press plate for $10-12 and a common superfractor for $30-40. That's just my opinion though. There are some people that think press plates aren't true 1/1s but really are 1/4s since there are 4 different color variations (or 8 different cards if there are press plates of the back as well as the front). There is only one superfractor though. I would agree with the last point though - it's fair if you think it's fair. Not everyone will agree with your valuation so as long as you are satisfied that's all that matters.

@OP the person you are trading with may also be saying that he wants $300 BV in return for the 1/1 card you are interested in. Without knowing the specifics of the proposed deal it's difficult to judge whether that's reasonable or not. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. Just depends on the cards involved.
LOL your correct I was typing this out and the phone rang I do have them reversed
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]