`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
thinking of doing my first ultra high end break...opinions?

thinking of doing my first ultra high end break...opinions?
Now that I'm a big college boy, working 3 jobs, making good money (enough that I can put some away and still buy cards lol), I'm thinking of buying a pack of really high end stuff (Exquisite, National Treasures, 5 Star, etc). My LCS (that i unfortunately Just found) has most years of exquisite, as well as 2011 and 12 natl treasures. I'm leaning towards an earlier exquisite, simply because I'm not a college guy.

Any opinions would be really helpful! Thanks a ton guys!
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

RE: thinking of doing my first ultra high end break...opinions?
I suggest not doing it and just stick with singles my man. Its can lead to huge hits or huge busts.
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

(09-16-2013, 10:38 PM)chads-cards Wrote: I suggest not doing it and just stick with singles my man. Its can lead to huge hits or huge busts.
and I usually do...idk...i just wanna feel the rush for once! For example, a couple weeks ago I did a pack/box (whatever you call these high end things lol) of 12 Black...and frankly...while TERRIFYING (I couldn't stop shaking), it was almost like a dinner at a fine restaurant. I opened the pack, sat the stack of cards on the counter, then slowly went through each one, savoring them like a bite. Took 10 minutes to get through the stack of 1 pack lol...idk...maybe I should just do another Black...if 200 bucks a pack scared me...maybe I don't wanna know what 500-800 would do! lol
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

i loved this years national treaasures. go with that.

MAINLY COLLECTING KANSAS CITY CHIEFS PLAYERS
new updated bucket 12/16

I prefer Five Star, then National Treasures, then Exquisite. (Because I don't prefer the college stuff personally.) But the Exquisite is hand packed by a person, so you should theoretically get a more consistent result. IE- no HUGE boxes, no complete duds.

And don't listen to people that say just buy singles, they don't understand. Cards are only about 50% of the reason I love this hobby, and the other 50% is the fun of the gamble. Sure I buy a ton of stuff on Ebay, but it's not fun when I know what is coming in. The wax is where it's at. If you have the cash and you are ok with the fact that you will most likely get much less than your money's worth in card value.... go for it!

I love busting wax, yeah, most of the time you are not going to get the big hit, but when you do, it is the best feeling. I remember the first big hit I had, it was from 2007 Topps Co-Signers, of course I was hoping to get an AP auto, but when I pulled the Brett Favre / Bart Starr dual auto, I forgot who AP was lol I was shocked, I had to look at the card a few times before I realized who it was lol

Bottom line is, if you like the feeling of pulling the big hit, then buy, if you want to know exactly what you are getting, buy singles.

I am seriously thinking about buying a case of 2007 Exquisite, and I know the odds are against me getting my monies worth, but I just can help but try lol
Collecting
Joe Montana 586 Unique cards
Larry Johnson 17/560 Autos
Priest Holmes 2/163 Autos
1999 Sp Signature Autos 42/132
2003 LL Threads At the Half 13/100
#1 Draft Picks Autos 25/78 - Alternate Autos 12

I'd go with bowman sterling. Not too high end and yields good results. I bought a box of 2011 a month ago for like $260. Ended up with a ponder/Kyle RUDOLPH dual auto /25. And while I was chasing AJ green, I didn't get him BUT, didn't even think about it at the time I bought it but about fainted when I pulled a kaepernick auto /50.

[Image: 4G8l9zG_zps62c9d6b9.jpg]

2005 Exquisite if they have it! Go big or go home. If you're going to go for a once-in-a-lifetime (or so) box break might as well go for the Rodgers. Or like chad said just take that money and buy a big-time single. For me personally I'd get a Johnny U or Sweetness auto, or a vintage HOF RC in nice shape...
[Image: UWashBanner2.jpg]
Banner by mattfastiggi
Collecting: Brett Favre (7,771 unique as of 6/1/2015), Packers, UW Huskies (Shaq Thompson, Shelton, Peters, Kikaha, Sankey, ASJ, Trufant, Locker, Brunell, Dillon, etc.)