`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
just spent the most I've ever spent on a single card...

just spent the most I've ever spent on a single card...
and IDK if it was a good thing or not...but just had my offer accepted on this card for 200 dlvd...I think I may have been a lil overeager, but I'll let you guys be the judge...

/13
[Image: image_zps0897e827.jpg]

Now, it is a sick patch, and it is Yzerman, but idk...thats a lot of coin lol

oh and to top it off, I just got sniped on an auction for a Red Wings team set of 61-62 Shiriff coins...sold for 54 bucks...HECK THE HOWE BOOKS FOR MORE THAN THAT Tongue
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

RE: just spent the most I've ever spent on a single card...
Very nice, and yes it's Stevie Y but idk. A little high in my opinion.

Great addition though, congrats!
Go Avs Go!

Very nice, who knows if they would have accepted lower but as long as you are happy with that sweet card that is all that matters.
[Image: 36415429146_421111660f_b.jpg]Scott Nobles, on Flickr

(09-16-2013, 09:49 PM)snobles Wrote: Very nice, who knows if they would have accepted lower but as long as you are happy with that sweet card that is all that matters.
lol idk if I am LOL
The closest thing to this I can find right now is the autographed GU letters from the back of the jersey. 1/7 is listed at 335...I think I did ok, just shocked he took the offer so I'm kinda having a paypal attack! lol

Needless to say I may need to sell some non-PC pieces now! lol
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

Sweet card. Eventually you will forget the cost once it is in your possession.
[Image: scan0004-1-1.jpg] [Image: scan0005-1-1.jpg]
Collecting; Flyers-Red Wings-Brodeur-Cujo-Hasek-Shanahan, 04-05 Franchises Memorabilia

(09-17-2013, 05:58 AM)mq13 Wrote: Sweet card. Eventually you will forget the cost once it is in your possession.
I agree with Mark on this one. I have "over-payed" for some cards before, but have gotten simply amazing deals elsewhere. The balance in the end is what you are looking for. Or... you can just be happy that you snagged a card that you thought was worth more than $200.00, and a new centerpiece for your PC. Tongue Haha! Remember, it's the love for the hobby and what you like that matters in our ordeals. If you were comfortable at the time, you should remain that way. It is a lot of money, but I think that we all accepted that when we started collecting.

On another note... that is one SICK patch! Congrats on the amazing card!

Randi

You have to think like I do when I spend cash like that :

[Image: h8460CD8C]

''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

Very nice! Remember, you can always make more money but there's only 18 of those cards & only 1 that looks like that! Great grab.

That's a good price in my opinion. I sold a beautiful Simmonds patch from that set for $150, so Yzerman next to that is certainly worth it.

The most I have ever paid for a card was $300 (several times) for Irbe cards back when I was insane and not realizing the value of game-worn memorabilia over cards.

A card is only worth what someone is willing to pay. That being said, I think you'd have a tough time regaining your money on that one. Very nice patch though. No auto Sad Still, if it's for your PC, who cares what the cost is? I've spent way over on PC items that are hard to find!
[Image: h6wRomT.png]