`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Total Newbie has question about value of different brand cards

Total Newbie has question about value of different brand cards
This is my first posting. I have tried to find a basic answer to a really newbie question, but not having luck. My 10yo son is really taking to sport card collecting and I want to help him out and buy him some inventory to organize etc.

When i was a kid, I only rememeber Topps, but I am sure there were other brands too, but hey, I was collecting in 4th grade back in the 70's.

My question is very broad: is there a difference in value of cards simply based on the brand? eg are Topps worth more than Fleer or Upper Deck, etc.

I have opportunities to buy large batches of cards to get my son started, but I would hate to buy him a few thousand of a lousy brand.

so, generally speaking, is one brand like Mercedes and another like Yugo?

any general advice would really be appreciated.

Thank you kindly

RE: Total Newbie has question about value of different brand cards
Just stay away from the 88-93 era of cards. Nowadays, in my opinion you find cards like Topps Chrome, Bowman Chrome, Bowman Platinum, Gypsy and Allen/Ginter cards are the most popular. For myself, I like the chrome cards, but each his own. happy hunting
[Image: Exposfan09.jpg]

"Because some men aren't looking for money. They can't be bought, bullied, or reasoned with. Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Collecting Ryan Zimmerman and Marquis Grissom!