`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
WHAT CARD STARTED IT ALL?

WHAT CARD STARTED IT ALL?
I rarely go through my unique PC of Colbert. I always look through my dupes but when I get a new card I cross it off my list and put it with the others in the box. Tonight I was going through my Unique PC and was getting so excited seeing some of the cards. I forgot I even had some of them and didn't realize how many cool patches I had. It makes me feel good that even ten years since I started collecting Colbert I can look at a card and still be as excited as I was when I first got it. Then it brought me to the question. Which card started this PC? I had to think for a minute then I remembered. I was around 11-12 years old and I was in my dads shop when we were at our old location. I was looking in all the display cases and one card caught my eye. It was Keary's 2004 Donruss Classics Timeless Tribute rc /50. My dad had it priced at $20 ( at the time is was worth it because of his good rookie season). So I asked if I could have it. My dad not being the kind of person who spoiled me too much told me if I cleaned all the display cases and swept I could have it. I don't think I worked harder and faster in my life. I finished everything and then got the card! I was so excited and at that moment I wanted to try and get as many Colberts as I could! That night I snuck onto my dads ebay account and started hitting BIN'S. A few days later my dad saw what I did and I remember getting quite the lecture but I think he was excited to see me collecting ( with him owning a store and all ). Of course I had to work off the money I spent with yard work and washing cars, etc. And the rest is history now being over 10k invested in my PC.

So what was the card that made you start a player PC? And is there a story behind that card?

[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

RE: WHAT CARD STARTED IT ALL?
Mine started with the 2011 Upper Deck Letterman. I picked up one, then picked up a second and after that decided hey i'll get the rest. Finished that and was like well Bruce dont have that many cards, i'll try to get those too and so the searching continues!

(09-16-2013, 01:09 AM)jdetter23 Wrote: Mine started with the 2011 Upper Deck Letterman. I picked up one, then picked up a second and after that decided hey i'll get the rest. Finished that and was like well Bruce dont have that many cards, i'll try to get those too and so the searching continues!
I hope you find the last ones you need man!
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

When I collected as a kid it was Bobby Hebert Smile I got out of the hobby in the mid 90's. I picked up a couple autos over the years and then the Saints won Superbowl 44. I was like lets hit the interwebs and see what kind of autos they have. Well I was suprised to say the least. I picked up a Brees auto and I was back. I collected action figures before then and sold just about everything and havent looked back.
Who Dat Nation, Who Dat Pride!!!!!!! I am all about New Orleans and collecting Saints memorabilia.

[Image: imagesCAB5DF6E_zpsc77d5e81.jpg]

http://s448.photobucket.com/home/codenamelawman/index

I don't remember what started my entire dolphins pc sure it was a Marino or something as I remember getting a box of 1990 pro set one Easter morning. I do remember my 1st oronde Gadsden card. I was in a shop in my town that is no longer around. Me and a friend used to go to the shop after church and get packs. Well I was looking in a stack and came across a 1999 revolution base card or oronde Gadsden. Then watching him all season he became my favorite player. Now I have just over 90 or so cards left of his to find most being 1/1's but still love the hunt and get excited every time I can add a card of his I don't have.
Collecting Dolphins, PSU Alumni(in college uni)
[Image: catch.gif]

Like my Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/PHsportscards?ref=tn_tnmn

2007 Leaf Limited Chuck Bednarik prime jersey /25 - pack pulled (mini box I guess).

That was my first ever Concrete Charlie.
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

When I started collecting football I was originally collecting Cardinals autos. I got my first DRC in the mail and the rest is history lol. I just liked his sig. Here's patient zero...

[Image: 011.jpg]

with me it was the Boddy Lip of Nolan Ryan, I now have 974 differnt ones with over 6,000 cards. That card was so cool back then and that was a game I watched. So as they say the rest was history. I started collecting cards in 1989 probably before most of you were born. God im getting old. LOL Smile
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]