`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What do you put in plastic?

What do you put in plastic?
Where do you guys draw the line of what you put in protective cases vs books vs boxes?

In past I've done $5 & up in toploaders, <$5 in books, <$1 in boxes.

Been reconsidering what's really worth extra protection

RE: What do you put in plastic?
Here is how I sort my PC

Flyers & Red Wings base / inserts <$20.00 in Penny Sleeves in 5000 count boxes
Autos, GU'd & Cards <$40.00 in Penny Sleeves in a plastic bin inside double or triple row shoeboxes
" " <$100.00 in screw-down or snap-tites in the same boxes as above
" " >$100.00 in super thick screw downs
[Image: scan0004-1-1.jpg] [Image: scan0005-1-1.jpg]
Collecting; Flyers-Red Wings-Brodeur-Cujo-Hasek-Shanahan, 04-05 Franchises Memorabilia

All my base card sets go into a box, my PC collections go into top loaders sleeves.
[Image: temp_zps476251d0.png]
05-06 UD Ice Rookies: 137/168

All card for my Player PCs are in toploaders regardless of value and in a box.

Avs and Nords base cards are in a box with cards > $5.00 in penny sleeves and > $10.00 in toploaders.

All the sets I collect are in binders, including some YG's worth a pretty penny but I think they're protected well enough in there.
[Image: Signature.jpg]

PC's
Patrick Roy PC 966/7,265 = 13.30% Complete
Brandon Yip PC 101/183 = 55.19% Complete
Nick Palmieri 93/150 = 62.00% Complete

Unique Avs Cards = 1303
Unique Nordiques Cards = 1054

Base in a box.
Rookies and inserts for trading - penny sleeve/box
Rookies for PC - penny sleeve/top loader

I stopped using binders long ago.

All bases in boxes (PC bases in boxes too but with soft sleeves)
All short prints/auto/mem in soft sleeves + top loaders (regular 3x4, 75pt, 130pt and 180pt)
All super short prints or high value card 100$+ in Magnetic One touch card holders or screwdown holders
Collecting: Montreal Canadiens, BGS and BVG
PC: Brendan Gallagher

Any Patrick Roy base/inserts are in binders, easier for me to enjoy as I am not looking to resell. Everything else is sleeve and top loader.
[Image: 36415429146_421111660f_b.jpg]Scott Nobles, on Flickr

Speaking of plastic, which brand of top loaders do you all use? I recently ordered Ultra Pro (the brand I've been using since I started collecting), and the seller sent me BCW brand. I called Amazon, and told them I'd be returning them.

I've never used BCW, and I don't intent to start now. Have any of you used these top loaders before? How do they compare to the Ultra Pro?

Thanks,
Dana

my bruins base/inserts in binders, autos/gu/rcs/s#d/refractors and higher valued or special ones in sleeves then top loaders in 3 row box.
patrice bergeron see above

@shierydana ultra pro I think have more claim to being crystal clear, they also are more pricier than bcw. Both I believe are acid free. I have bought/used both but both are good its just comes down to which u prefer.
Selling my org out
Rolleyes

Anything over $1 gets more than a penny sleeve from me -- whether I am trading or keeping.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.