Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Awesome Thrift Shop Discovery **Updated Scan
Star 
Awesome Thrift Shop Discovery **Updated Scan
I job coach at a local thrift store (the company I work for owns it) and am always browsing after I am finished working. A few weeks ago a dozen or so white card-holder boxes of baseball cards came in and I looked through them very briefly--since I don't really collect baseball I wasn't too interested in a bunch of 80's and 90's baseball...

Well, today as I was extremely bored while there, I noticed a box that said "1980 Topps Complete Set".....well, I know enough about THAT set since Rickey Henderson was my first ever big $$ rookie card...

I started thumbing through the box, got a quarter of the way through, and voila...there it was just as crisp as could be...

My first ever *real* find...

[Image: Rickeynew.jpg]
[Image: Rickey2.jpg]
Believe me, my scanner did not do that card justice. I will rescan when I have time.
[Image: AllthingsOregon2copy.jpg]

RE: Awesome Thrift Shop Discovery
Wow pretty good condition, nice find!
[Image: mooncricket916.jpg]

DDang, I thought you were going to say you found the locked briefcase that had floydtowns teeth in it

Smile~
the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

Wow kells.....that's my favorite team....congrats.....Smile
[Image: cyber-1.png]
Bucket
Collecting CURRENT Raiders....Carr, Mack, Bo, brown ++

Very nice, ma'am ... did you ever get a chance to see if you had an extra LaMichael auto for one of the DJs I mentioned? If so, please PM me!

Oh my here we go again more conflicting interests he was my first hero in baseball when I was a kid I adored him. On the serious note that one is fairly centered I would get it graded.
[Image: TotallySports.png]
Collecting Steven Jackson, Sam Bradford, Peyton Manning, Derek Jeter,Andre Ethier, Clayton Kershaw, Rickey Henderson, Kobe Bryant
http://s992.photobucket.com/user/datsyukguy/library/

RE: Awesome Thrift Shop Discovery **Updated Scan
I updated the scan of the front. The card is SO crisp and clean, except for the small ding at the top edge right over the END in Henderson...

Beautiful card, I remember having one of those when I was a kid. It was all beat up though. Don't know what happened to it. Great find!
[Image: flo.jpg]
Sadistically collecting Chad OchoCinco Johnson
non 1/1's 2660/3840 69.25% complete

*Every time you use the word "MOJO" an angel gets full blown aids*

(09-11-2013, 11:17 PM)koolkellygirl Wrote: I job coach at a local thrift store (the company I work for owns it) and am always browsing after I am finished working. A few weeks ago a dozen or so white card-holder boxes of baseball cards came in and I looked through them very briefly--since I don't really collect baseball I wasn't too interested in a bunch of 80's and 90's baseball...

Well, today as I was extremely bored while there, I noticed a box that said "1980 Topps Complete Set".....well, I know enough about THAT set since Rickey Henderson was my first ever big $$ rookie card...

I started thumbing through the box, got a quarter of the way through, and voila...there it was just as crisp as could be...

My first ever *real* find...

[Image: Rickeynew.jpg]
[Image: Rickey2.jpg]
Believe me, my scanner did not do that card justice. I will rescan when I have time.
Do you have the Nolan Ryan in that box and is it for trade?
Banner courtesy of Blaynero
[Image: titans.jpg]
Wants Houston Oilers, Titans, Steelers, & Nolan Ryan as well as 1960, 1971 & 1979 Pittsburgh Pirates. Looking for 2013 National Treasures NFL Shield Football Signatures #16 Justin Hunter /2

I think I do. PM me about it. The box says complete, but there are so many I haven't really had time to go through it.