Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yankee Tickets I kept

Yankee Tickets I kept
Thought I'd post these today.....
That morning I was sittting in my office with a view of the WTC looking South. I couldn't wait for my day to end, I had tickets to see the Yankees vs Chicago White Sox at the old Yankee Stadium. I blinked my eyes and saw a cloud of smoke from one of the towers, we turned on the radio and then tried to call our colleagues located in the building across from the WTC. Co-workers gathered to watch from my window and then the second tower got hit. We were in shock.....the first building collapsed.....we evacuated. The city was locked down. I kept my tickets.

[Image: psagradedyankee911tickets007.jpg]
[Image: psagradedyankee911tickets006.jpg]

RE: Yankee Tickets I kept
Historically significant PC items. I'd have kept mine too.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

That's an amazing keepsake....I had a ticket to the first game back at Fenway after the attacks, and didn't go because there were rumors about Boston so I stayed home. I still have my full stub somewhere
[Image: image_zps2colexaf.jpeg]
Looking for Mookie Betts, Antonio Brown, Pedroia, Andrew McCutchen, David Ortiz, Draymond Green

Time goes by so fast....seems like yesterday.

Another year.

They look really nice in the PSA cases. Hard to believe it was 14 years ago, as it still seems so fresh in my mind.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

This is one of the days that I can never forget. I wasn't directly effected by the tragedy but I saw it all unfold on TV and my heart hurt. I can remember almost every moment.

Is the reason I went back to active duty. (Still am)
[Image: Woogie%2023_zpshzmly2km.jpg]