`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2010 Upper Deck 24 pack retail box break

2010 Upper Deck 24 pack retail box break
I picked up this box for about $18 and, considering the price, did pretty well.

Star Rookies: Eric Young, Michael Brantley, Brian Matusz, Ian Desmond, Dustin Richardson, Tyler Flowers, Drew Stubbs, Tommy Manzella, Wade Davis, Esmil Rogers, Ernesto Frieri, Tyler Colvin, Adam Moore, Cesar Ramos, Chris Johnson (pc), Dusty Hughes, Buster Posey, Josh Thole, John Hester, Kyle Phillips, Neil Walker, Pedro Viola, Justin Turner, and Madison Bumgarner.

Parallels: St. Louis checklist (Pujols and Wainwright) Gold # 39/99; Jered Weaver Double-Take variation (1 in 960 retail packs)

2009 Season Biography (I think this is a stupid idea for an insert set, UD was obviously just looking to pad the checklist and be able to claim there was an insert in every pack):
April 12, Evan Longoria
April 17, Gary Sheffield
April 25, Albert Pujols
May 1, Jake Peavy
May 9, Joe Saunders
May 17, Ivan Rodriguez
May 21, Raul Ibanez
May 26, Chris Young
May 29, Scott Feldman
June 10, Colby Rasmus
June 16, Robinson Cano
June 22, Trevor Cahill
June 28, Zack Greinke
July 2, Joey Votto
July 5, Vladimir Guerrero
July 18, Marc Rzepczynski
August 9, Mark Teixeira (pc)
August 12, Tim Lincecum
August 16, Gregg Zaun
September 3, Casey McGehee
September 13, Ichiro
September 17, Jody Gerut
September 28, Willy Aybar (pc)
October 5, Alexi Casilla

UD Portraits: Joey Votto, Russell Martin, Mariano Rivera, and Michael Young.

Joe DiMaggio Baseball Heroes: BH-7 Announces Retirement

20th Anniversary Baseball Heroes: Hanley Ramirez, and Nick Markakis

All-World (die-cut): Carlos Beltran

Pure Heat (die-cut): Albert Pujols, and Joe Mauer

Celebrity Predictors: Jennifer Anniston/John Mayer, Gwyneth Paltrow/Chris Martin, and Kristen Stewart/Robert Pattinson.

Supreme: Green - Nick Markakis, Jay Bruce, and Andrew McCutchen
Blue - John Lackey

UD Game Jersey: Cole Hamels

Beat the odds with the Weaver Double-Take and the Blue Supreme Lackey but unfortunately got very little for my personal collection.

RE: 2010 Upper Deck 24 pack retail box break
sounds like a decent break. could have been worse. I agree with the biography insert just being filler, also the celebrity inserts seem to have little to no purpose.
[Image: 971927d6500d72m3.jpg]

(09-09-2013, 10:36 PM)sesfan01 Wrote: sounds like a decent break. could have been worse. I agree with the biography insert just being filler, also the celebrity inserts seem to have little to no purpose.
I bought a box of 2010 Hobby and the most "valuable" card I pulled was a celebrity predictor. $15 bv lol
[Image: h6wRomT.png]

(09-09-2013, 10:36 PM)sesfan01 Wrote: sounds like a decent break. could have been worse. I agree with the biography insert just being filler, also the celebrity inserts seem to have little to no purpose.
I agree on the celebrity inserts, too. They are mildly amusing, since they are able to be torn in half and now, three years later, most of the couples are split up. Still, why they are in a baseball set, I'll never know.
(09-11-2013, 08:57 PM)SGC300ier Wrote: I bought a box of 2010 Hobby and the most "valuable" card I pulled was a celebrity predictor. $15 bv lol
Ouch. I was thinking of buying a hobby box, since I'd probably finish off the base set (or come close) and get an auto and two gu's, but now you've made me scared.

Not too shabby. If you buy the "fat pack" retail box you'll get a complete set out of it. Even if you don't, this is an underrated set if you appreciate quality photography and it's a cheap set to build. A fun and inexpensive way to spend a weekend!
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

I did get my auto and 2 game used as well. The Auto was some relief pitcher from the Astro's and my game used were Jimmy Rollins and some other dude. I was able to sell the Rollins for $1.99 if that makes you feel better Big Grin
[Image: h6wRomT.png]

The Buster Posey RC is probably the best card of the set. Even better if you get the /99 of it.
Neil Walker and Madison Bumgarner aren't bad RC's to pull either.
For some reason, I really enjoyed getting the Stadium cards. Players & free agents come and go, but the Stadium sticks around a little longer. Smile
Could you please post a pic of the Weaver double take? Not familiar with that card from the set. Thanks.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(09-17-2013, 06:48 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: The Buster Posey RC is probably the best card of the set. Even better if you get the /99 of it.
Neil Walker and Madison Bumgarner aren't bad RC's to pull either.
For some reason, I really enjoyed getting the Stadium cards. Players & free agents come and go, but the Stadium sticks around a little longer. Smile
Could you please post a pic of the Weaver double take? Not familiar with that card from the set. Thanks.
Yeah, the star rookies were a nice bonus. I opened a Score hockey hobby box just before this one that also had special rookie cards in each pack, and almost all of those players aren't even in the NHL a year or two later, but with this set, almost all of these guys are major contributors, most are starters.

I tried to attach the Weaver picture, but it looks like it doesn't work. You can probably find pictures on ebay, there were some on there the last I looked. I noticed I had a variation because it was the only card in the box that I got a duplicate of. Looked at them and noticed right away that the UD logo was on a different corner. The only other difference I've noticed is that the word Vegas is missing from the arrow on the outfield wall on the Double Take version.

The biography inserts make me angry because they annoy me in my search for every Victorino card! I have basically 18 of the exact same card with just a tiny variation taking up space in my binder and I have more to find. My least favorite set of all time.

I bought one of those boxes just for fun at $35 shipped (before the prices went even lower) and pulled a Posey gold #'ed 4/99 and is now PSA graded. Came back as 8.5 NM-MT+
Rest of the cards were not even worth mentioning.