`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rant and few questions

RE: Rant and few questions
(09-09-2013, 07:59 PM)JMarchand1981 Wrote: Just my two cents here.

I got back into the hobby last May. I started using the Forum here around about June or JUly. I wasn't here for glory days of this site. That being said, I found this to be a training site of sorts. I learned how to trade. I don't mean by BV or SV or anything like that. I learned the etiquette behind it and have met people I consider friends. Everyone here is very friendly and knowledgeable about the hobby. I actually love Beckett forums and if it had twice the amount of users I wouldn't have an account on two other sites.

The issue is that it doesn't. I moonlight on other sites but I always come back to Beckett. It is like the country kid going to college in the big city. When he returns home he feels safe in knowing that he can hang out with the big city dudes but his friends are in the country.
JMarch's new nickname = Big Country

LOL

I am hardly on here anymore for three reasons:

- it's become increasingly difficult to add anything of interest to my Rodman and other PCs

- my interest has shifted from traditional cards to making my own custom cards - cheaper, more relevance to me and more fun

- receiving little to no feedback on my threads regarding in-person autos and custom cards (for which no hard feelings at all, btw)

That said, I still think this is the best platform for interaction with collectors and will continue to post from time to time

Basketball season is not in Football is in will pick up once basketball is in

I think it is just really hard for me to get action here, cause I'm not a basketball guy and when it comes to what I look for in basketball is slim, I am starting a PC of a RC with limited cards numbered higher than 10 and just the Kobe anthology set, with that in mind the only basketball I have I bought in hopes of getting some decent trade bait so my selection to pick from isn't extensive, I will keep trying hard to further my projects thanks for insight everybody.

I think this forum generally has a few more "Hey, look at my cards!" threads than others. This is interesting to look at, but it generally does not help me in my own collecting.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.