`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bidding war!!!

RE: Bidding war!!!
(09-09-2013, 04:39 PM)kstjst Wrote: If most of the action happened within the last minute or so, then it was probably being sniped, especially if the price jumped in the last 5 seconds or so.

I agree with ktcardshop, if you go in with a max price you want to spend, set it and forget it. Sniping it may be cheaper as it may or may not get to that price in the auction, but there have been times when my snipe wasn't put in (due to a glitch or someone else was bidding at the same time), so I'd only use a snipe if I really don't want the card but thought it would be something I could flip easily.
I lose a lot of auctions this way by a minimum bid... If I REALLY want a card I look at the time the auction ends. If it is 8pm on a Wednesday or something where I can be on ebay for sure, I wait for my iPhone to notify me and I drop my max bid with about 10 seconds left. If there are others sniping it etc. this is pointless, but I feel it saves some money when others aren't...

If the end time is during the workday or something, I just place my max bid at some point that day

PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

eBay app reminds you when the item has 5 minutes left if your watching an item. I never bid until the final 5-10 seconds and I sit in the review bid screen with my bid set ready to hit the bid now button. The price shows in real time so if I get outbid, no chance on me paying more than I want.
no org, please do not send trade requests

(09-09-2013, 01:45 PM)ktcardshop Wrote: I will decide how badly I want an item, set a maximum price, make the bid, and walk away from it. If someone wants to outbid me so be it and I move on to the next auction. From time to time I get something that I really want badly and I will bid two or three times the current bid. Some cheapskate really gets a big surprise when he loses a last minute bid.

R
Either this or sniping in the last 8 seconds are literally the only two ways to go.

It is basically pointless to actually sit there and bid on it more than once, either because of shilling or pre-set snipes.

I set my maximum bid price I will pay in gixen.com and then forget about it. Bid goes in with 5 seconds left and I either win it for what I was willing to pay (or less), or..... I don't.

(09-10-2013, 08:53 AM)joe callahan13 Wrote: I set my maximum bid price I will pay in gixen.com and then forget about it. Bid goes in with 5 seconds left and I either win it for what I was willing to pay (or less), or..... I don't.
Nice. I had been looking for a good free snipe program recently! So much junk from the google search, this will be helpful. You like this website? Is it pretty consistent?

PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.

I have been outbid on alot of Auctions. Lost a Box Break last year by 50 cent on an Andrew Luck 2012 Topps Chrome Autograph that was pulled from the box--O U C H

(09-10-2013, 12:43 PM)petillo64 Wrote: Nice. I had been looking for a good free snipe program recently! So much junk from the google search, this will be helpful. You like this website? Is it pretty consistent?
Yep, never failed me yet. If you have an Android phone, myibidder is a free app that does the same thing and will pull in items from your watchlist, etc if you use the Ebay app also. (I have a sickness)

(09-10-2013, 04:17 PM)joe callahan13 Wrote: Yep, never failed me yet. If you have an Android phone, myibidder is a free app that does the same thing and will pull in items from your watchlist, etc if you use the Ebay app also. (I have a sickness)
I have the same sickness... Except no technology/programs to make it easier!!! Although I'm sure I would just grow sicker with the increased ability.

I have an iPhone. Know of any apps for it?
(09-10-2013, 11:04 PM)petillo64 Wrote: I have the same sickness... Except no technology/programs to make it easier!!! Although I'm sure I would just grow sicker with the increased ability.

I have an iPhone. Know of any apps for it?
Just checked and they have it on iTunes. Any difference between the $13 one and the $2?