`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
......R.I.P George brett.......

RE: ......R.I.P George brett.......
(09-08-2013, 10:13 PM)dbroockerd Wrote: Man that is not a cool title at all.
Yea, I agree. My first thought was that I missed something on the news and almost started checking there before the post loaded.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

oh man, I thought that the real George Brett had died.

Im sorry for your loss! that was a clean '75!

I have my entire archives project including 40 autos in a binder. Left it on our bed whole my daughter was watching cartoons (2 years old)... Came back 2 minutes later after using the bathroom and every binder page was spread out across the floor and she was tap dancing on them. Luckily only base was damaged!
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

(09-09-2013, 01:14 AM)petillo64 Wrote: Im sorry for your loss! that was a clean '75!

I have my entire archives project including 40 autos in a binder. Left it on our bed whole my daughter was watching cartoons (2 years old)... Came back 2 minutes later after using the bathroom and every binder page was spread out across the floor and she was tap dancing on them. Luckily only base was damaged!

Back in 1998 I was a senior in high school. My family took a trip to Mt Rushmore and I took a binder with me I was working on. The 1998 Studio Set with Masterstrokes and Autos and 8x 10s and all the other amazing inserts. We stopped for gas and it was on my lap so I set it on the car while I rearranged the crowded ***** back seat. I got back in and we took off and about 5 minutes down the road I was like "crap turn stop the car." It was gone. We drove the highway back searching and never found it. I was beyond ticked. I am guessing it blew all over the place or maybe dropped solid and someone grabbed it up. Either way I was bummed. I look back now and that Helton and Grieve Auto 8x10 don't seem so valuable. Haha!
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

ill trade you a mother in-law for the chewed brett

(09-09-2013, 05:46 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: ill trade you a mother in-law for the chewed brett
Only if she's a good cook?
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

(09-09-2013, 05:54 PM)elberson Wrote: Only if she's a good cook?
man, i knew she wasnt good for nothin'

(09-09-2013, 06:30 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: man, i knew she wasnt good for nothin'
sorry your stuck with her then
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

I had this happen with a pug. She was about 2 1/2 and i had been working on the Fleer EX set. Left out the box with cards in plastic and chewed right though the plastic and killed about 10 cards. She never did it again but I learned never to leave cards out again. I think i even still have that set running a few cards shy of full. LOL

My dog just ate an autographed Fergie Jenkins baseball....lol