`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Custom 1989 Pro Set Legends

RE: Custom 1989 Pro Set Legends
BIG update today. Fixed the sizes on the other cards. Been working on these new ones for 2 days in my spare time. Also did some custom work for Megatron, and actually did some basketball stuff for him.

These next cards are because mnc99 posted on this thread and happened to be a collector of this player:
[Image: RandyMoss_Vikings.jpg]
Vikings

[Image: RandyMoss_Raiders.jpg]
Raiders

[Image: RandyMoss_Patriots_New.jpg]
Patriots

[Image: RandyMOss_Patrioys_Old.jpg]
Patriots Throwback

[Image: RandyMoss_Titans.jpg]
Titans

and
[Image: RandyMoss_49ers.jpg]
49ers

Took a while to get images for the Titans and Raiders that looked good when blown up to 300dpi.

Also made a card of our favorite autograph signer:
[Image: Manziel.jpg]
[Image: BANNER_zpse7c3a158.jpg]

Got a few requests PM'd to me. Sent them along and showing them off now.

[Image: DanMarino-1.jpg]
Dan Marino
And for a Giant collector:
[Image: MIchaelStrahan_Giants-1.jpg]
Michael Strahan
[Image: TikiBarber_Giants-1.jpg]
Tiki Barber

And one of my favorites:
[Image: PhilSimms-1.jpg]
Phil Simms

Still taking requests. Able to do 2 to 4 a day, depending on time I have, or if I get a Favre package. Will do them for banners or for random silliness, such as the Manziel. So, if there's something you want to see made, PM me or post on the thread.

those are really amazing... the drop-shadow effect is amazing. these would be awesome custom TTM cards.

I have a lot going on right now but you got me intrigued. if you don't do the backs I'll take a stab at it and post in here if you don't mind.

I think it would be sick if you 3-dify the NFL logo and add some shadowing, then put in a 3-d helmet. (if your in to changing anything)

also could you do willie parker Smile
also, could you do willie parker

(09-13-2013, 10:44 PM)Fantom Wrote: those are really amazing... the drop-shadow effect is amazing. these would be awesome custom TTM cards.

I have a lot going on right now but you got me intrigued. if you don't do the backs I'll take a stab at it and post in here if you don't mind.

I think it would be sick if you 3-dify the NFL logo and add some shadowing, then put in a 3-d helmet. (if your in to changing anything)

also could you do willie parker Smile
also, could you do willie parker
I will do a Willie Parker when I get a chance.

The NFL Logo actually does have a little bit of drop shadow. The Helmets do not. I chose that style because I found an image online that all of the recent team helmets plus some of the older. Made it easy to move images around.

Never gave any thought to the TTM auto thing. Thought about contacting a buddy of mine that prints cards and see if I could get some printed up as a set when I'm done, for poops and giggles.

I just started working on my first back ten minutes before seeing your post. Trying to figure out a way to improve it and keep with the style I created, as well as pay homage to the original set. We'll see how it goes. I'd still like to see what you come up with.
If anybody has some hi-res images of Keith Jackson with Miami or Philly, could you send them my way. I'm trying to finish him off and can't find anything online that looks good at 300dpi.

For Fantom:
[Image: WillieParker_Steelers.jpg]

I also decided to play around with designing a back for the cards, using the original pattern and updating to make it look nicer. I decided to go with what would likely be card #1 in the set. If I went with the original Pro Set pattern, the Arizona/Phoenix/St Louis Cardinals would be first. A is the first letter in the alphabet, so Ottis Anderson it is.

[Image: OttisAnderson_Cardinals.jpg]

[Image: OttisAnderson_Cardinals_Back.jpg]

And while I was at it, I did a Giants version of Ottis.
[Image: OttisAnderson_Giants.jpg]

The back was tougher to do than I thought because Photoshop is not very good for text. There's no way to set up tabs for stat entry. I had to type it out in Word then take a screen capture, crop, then paste in Photoshop. It gave it a 1997 Topps feel for back design. I like it.

Added new cards over the last two days.

For MontanaCollector1619:
[Image: JoeMontana_49ers.jpg]

[Image: JoeMontana_Chiefs.jpg]

and

[Image: PriestHolmes_Chiefs.jpg]

[Image: PriestHolmes_Ravens.jpg]

and since I was working on the Ravens:

[Image: JonathanOgden_Ravens.jpg]

[Image: PeterBoulware_Ravens.jpg]

That's all for today.

Anybody have some others?

Here are some I was thinking about doing (LMK what you would like to see first):
John Elway
Steve Largent
Reggie White
Deion Sanders
Troy Aikman
Emmitt Smith
Jerry Rice
and a few other guys that aren't as well known as these guys.

Thanks, I will have to save them when I get home. At work right now hehehe, don't tell anyone lol
Collecting
Joe Montana 586 Unique cards
Larry Johnson 17/560 Autos
Priest Holmes 2/163 Autos
1999 Sp Signature Autos 42/132
2003 LL Threads At the Half 13/100
#1 Draft Picks Autos 25/78 - Alternate Autos 12

(09-17-2013, 11:44 AM)montanacollector1619 Wrote: Thanks, I will have to save them when I get home. At work right now hehehe, don't tell anyone lol
Oh, I told. The boss is coming and he don't look happy.

(09-14-2013, 10:44 PM)favrecollectors4 Wrote: The back was tougher to do than I thought because Photoshop is not very good for text. There's no way to set up tabs for stat entry. I had to type it out in Word then take a screen capture, crop, then paste in Photoshop. It gave it a 1997 Topps feel for back design. I like it.
Use indesign to assemble the final product ... that way you can use xcell for the stats!

Also if you are just going to use PS set the stats up in columns with the text centered ... then just copy and paste.... using screen capture for text is going to yield poor print quality. as well as making editing in the future a nightmare!

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

(09-17-2013, 03:56 PM)phinzphan1372 Wrote: Use indesign to assemble the final product ... that way you can use xcell for the stats!

Also if you are just going to use PS set the stats up in columns with the text centered ... then just copy and paste.... using screen capture for text is going to yield poor print quality. as well as making editing in the future a nightmare!
I don't have Indesign. Haven't used it in years. Downloaded a free layout program for my Mac that was recommended by MacWorld, but haven't learned how to use it fully yet. It has so many features that aren't where I would normally find them in ID. I'll play with it at some point and see how the text features are.

Thanks for the input. I appreciate it.
For Mooncricket and jfmjr1:

[Image: JohnElway_classic.jpg]

[Image: JohnElway_new.jpg]