`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Curse of the Bambino

Curse of the Bambino
I guess I should explain myself a little bit. 1st of all , I'm just having some fun celebrating the uncanny luck of receiving one of the greatest baseball players autographed bat cards Topps has ever put on the market. Baseball has been a superstitious game since it's invention in the 1800's. With that being said, This card has Babe Ruth's signature on it, along with a piece of bat. The person that possesses the card has to know how great it's value must be of a once in a lifetime gift. Buy selling this card you undermined the integrity of the game and cursed yourself. Excepting money in replacing it's greatness. Hence: " The Curse of the Bambino". The Red Sox did exactly that, buy trading Ruth to the Yankees in 1918 for Money. This started the omen of bad luck. Selling this card replicates those actions, so whoever possesses the card should keep it safe far away from the Baseball Gods to ensure it's good fortune of receiving this gift. Now, come on. Isn't that superstitious.

RE: Curse of the Bambino
only idiots believe in the curse of the bambino. there was no such thing

and this is the second time you have posted this, and it is just as idiotic as the first time

why dont you go send some chain letters

I think u meant "accepting" money. I don't think this card has anything to do with a curse, and if anybody has any bad mojo coming there way, it would be the person that cut up a Babe Ruth bat to make the card.
All in with pocket Aces.... Andre Johnson and Aaron Rodgers.

Wasn't there a bar near fenway called the Curse of the Bambino (or something like that or was it a beer)? Did they change thier name? Got a t shirt from there somewhere around here.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

jacobystealshome were you dropped on your head, you misserable #@$%*. Lighten up,It was a joke, and further more "MR. Know it-all, Baseball" Superstitions and curses have been around baseball since the beginning. It's suppose to be fun.
Good point, that is just the type of response I was looking for.

(06-03-2014, 04:34 AM)jholt04357 Wrote: jacobystealshome were you dropped on your head, you misserable #@$%*. Lighten up,It was a joke, and further more "MR. Know it-all, Baseball" Superstitions and curses have been around baseball since the beginning. It's suppose to be fun.
Good point, that is just the type of response I was looking for.
there was no "curse of the bambino" until it was manufactured by dan shaugnessey, aka Shank, aka Curly Hair Boyfriend back in 1990. before that point, there wasnt anyone calling it a curse

know your history

(06-03-2014, 07:32 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: there was no "curse of the bambino" until it was manufactured by dan shaugnessey, aka Shank, aka Curly Hair Boyfriend back in 1990. before that point, there wasnt anyone calling it a curse
know your history
Dan Shaugnessey aka Napoleon Dynamite Smile
[Image: 71763fece244714772d64c07a3107561_zps64c04f4a.jpg]
[Image: 5e23b918b8df3ad0b34915e4df0a3eb1_zpsd9b3753b.jpg]
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(06-03-2014, 07:45 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Dan Shaugnessey aka Napoleon Dynamite Smile
[Image: 71763fece244714772d64c07a3107561_zps64c04f4a.jpg]
[Image: 5e23b918b8df3ad0b34915e4df0a3eb1_zpsd9b3753b.jpg]
That's hilarious
[Image: 0nO6KkN.jpg]
L@@K: "The McCardlane Collection" ... All right here!!!
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/rollx8/l...LB%20Cards

[quote='jacobystealshome' pid='2460869' dateline='1401798746']

there was no "curse of the bambino" until it was manufactured by dan shaugnessey, aka Shank, aka Curly Hair Boyfriend back in 1990. before that point, there wasnt anyone calling it a curse

know your history

(09-07-2013, 01:01 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: only idiots believe in the curse of the bambino. there was no such thing

and this is the second time you have posted this, and it is just as idiotic as the first time

why dont you go send some chain letters
Classic!
[Image: B1tP5.png]
*RED SOX * PATRIOTS * CELTICS * BRUINS*
*I'm currently looking for autos of Tom Brady, David Ortiz, and Yasiel Puig!!!*