IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tier One destroyed my soul...

RE: Tier One destroyed my soul...
The Joey Bats is on the bay

I'll never understand why Topps has to put out a product that is 3 cards for $100, and then litter it full of nobodys and a bunch of single color relics. I mean I know every box is a gamble and you never know if you'll get a return, but come on, Kirk Nieuwenhuis? Michael Fiers? I wouldn't even be thrilled to pull that from the flagship set, let alone a high-end product.
[Image: Screenshot2012-08-02at100731PM.png]

My father Is a friend of vida blues daughter I met him before I am meeting this week I will try and get him to sign a hat I have had him sign a baseball before but I plan on replacing it with a hat (I lost the ball and it got a stain on it)

Ouch....based on the picture count I'm guessing you opened about $600 dollars worth of Hobby Boxes....
[Image: 0nO6KkN.jpg]
L@@K: "The McCardlane Collection" ... All right here!!!
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/rollx8/l...LB%20Cards

(09-03-2013, 08:07 PM)rollx8 Wrote: Ouch....based on the picture count I'm guessing you opened about $600 dollars worth of Hobby Boxes....
700 lol.... I actually went back and finished off the case. It was a complete dud, got an Ozzie Smith auto numbered to 99 but that was it. Everything else was garbage. The Kipnis is probably the best card in the lot as the Smith is selling for about 50 bucks on the bay so far. You won't see me buying this product ever again.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

WOW...I would love to get a hold of the Vida Blue and Darvish from you...check me if you are up for a trade...thanks!

(09-04-2013, 02:22 AM)Haze28 Wrote: 700 lol.... I actually went back and finished off the case. It was a complete dud, got an Ozzie Smith auto numbered to 99 but that was it. Everything else was garbage. The Kipnis is probably the best card in the lot as the Smith is selling for about 50 bucks on the bay so far. You won't see me buying this product ever again.
Was there at least a Case Hit? My sympathies for the sucky case.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(09-04-2013, 04:30 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Was there at least a Case Hit? My sympathies for the sucky case.
Doesn't look like it. I opened all of it except one box and that one box had a Wally Joyner auto, Carlos Santana auto(I think) and a Ryan Braun dual relic. The only two big cards in the whole case were the Kipnis Rose auto and the Ozzie Smith auto which is numbered to 99. It makes me sick to my stomach thinking about it.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

I bet topps laughs at us for buying some product they make or they think they are selling gold.

(09-05-2013, 03:55 AM)Haze28 Wrote: Doesn't look like it. I opened all of it except one box and that one box had a Wally Joyner auto, Carlos Santana auto(I think) and a Ryan Braun dual relic. The only two big cards in the whole case were the Kipnis Rose auto and the Ozzie Smith auto which is numbered to 99. It makes me sick to my stomach thinking about it.
If you or the store owner still has the actual case/box UPC code, and there was no case hit, you have to complain to Topps ... They'll track it and get you your case hit. Shop owner might have to, since he bought it. ... But still, it's rightfully yours, IMO.
(09-05-2013, 04:55 AM)dustin12368 Wrote: I bet topps laughs at us for buying some product they make or they think they are selling gold.
I agree.
Read my sig ... Smile
I know that one guy gets a monster hit, and others suffer the indignity of getting Ike Davis cards, but still, Topps needs to rework their system. Getting a Brett Jackson auto card in Topps series 1 or 2, or in A&G? perhaps, but not real happy. Getting his auto in Bowman prospects, sure ... Really okay with that. BUT, when you're buying 3-4 cards for around $100? NO WAY! They have no right to include a questionable player in that mix at all. They have a viable venue for players like that in (too many) lower tier products. Tier One, Tribute, Five Star, Museum should be reserved for HOF players, retired stars, current stars with 4+ years on the MLB roster. Maybe 1-3 Rookie Phenom players ... Bonifide Phenom players ... ROY material, Harper, Trout, Darvish, Myers, etc. .... Not to pick on Brett "I used to have an amazing autograph" Jackson, but any Cubs fans out there .., verify his existence! Did he get a call up during the year? Did he have an outstanding AAA season?
ANY REASON AT ALL (other than his once, lovely sig) THAT HE IS INCLUDED IN TIER ONE!?!?!?!?!?!?
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.