`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
A Letter to Our Members - August 27, 2013

RE: A Letter to Our Members - August 27, 2013
(08-27-2013, 12:11 PM)snobles Wrote: Thanks so much for the update and it is nice to know things are being worked on. The item above called "matchmaker" has been in the works for years now. Is this something that is seriously in the works or is this more smoke?

It would be nice to get an honest answer for once.
Yes, Matchmaker is being worked on and tested. We had hoped to have it ready by the National, but we're finding that for performance reasons, I lot of it hinges on finishing the Organize re-indexing project. We're seeing what we can do in the meantime, but it definitely is in the works, the page design is done, and we have done some preliminary testing on it. We'll keep you posted on status and will probably have a separate notice if it becomes available outside of the time for our member newsletter email.

(08-27-2013, 02:29 PM)elberson Wrote: I would like to see sets and wax added to org, rather then adding every single card
There have been discussions about this, and the last I had heard, it sounded like something we could investigate further. We do not yet have it on a schedule - still have lots of other things to complete first.

(08-27-2013, 05:53 PM)taffster74 Wrote: Tkaplan, all this is good (about the updates) but it still doesn't not explain - nor offer an opology for - the forums being completely unaccessable this last weekend. xx
You are correct. We are very sorry for the issue last weekend. We were trying to update to a new version of the forums, but ran into some issue with it. I don't know exactly what, but it was significant enough to stop the update and revert back to the original version of the forums. That process unfortunately took a bit longer than expected and we had them back up and running just as soon as we could.

We will still be updating to this new version in the future. Hopefully the developers have figured out what caused the issue so it will be a much, much smoother transition - and hopefully not over the weekend.

(08-27-2013, 05:56 PM)iamralpho Wrote: I dont want to ruin a positive thread either, I am glad we have some information.

I am still waiting on an explanation on what happened to mine and others organize's, no one ever gae me an answer.

Pretty upsetting if you ask me

If you are still having issues with Organize, please contact customerservice@beckett.com with as much explanation as you can about what issues you are running into. I think we have most, if not all, of the global issues resolved. If you still have something going on, it may be related to your Organize and it will have to be investigated.

If you have already contacted customer service, just know that they do forward all of these emails to the developers and are waiting to hear back on the resolution. Feel free to periodically ask for status if you do not hear anything back - but know they are working on these individual issues as well.

Tkaplan, thankyou for an honest and open answer. That is appreciated especially as i did not see the supposedly posted messages regarding this.

Collect Patrick Ewing, Jalen Rose, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green

if you have less than 25 trades, I will ask you to send first.

Hopefully someone sees this:

I really want to thank Beckett for giving us an update the last couple times that there's been scheduled maintenance. It's nice to know when and how long the site will be down, which will make it easier for us to accept when unplanned problems knock the site offline and there is no warning.
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

(09-20-2013, 05:24 AM)cross4444 Wrote: Hopefully someone sees this:

I really want to thank Beckett for giving us an update the last couple times that there's been scheduled maintenance. It's nice to know when and how long the site will be down, which will make it easier for us to accept when unplanned problems knock the site offline and there is no warning.
I FULLY agree! It was great to know what days & hours the site would be down for maintenence. 2 nights in the same week would have been shocking without the advanced info. Luckily, I was not going to be working on the site during those hours anyway (normally I would have been on here for at least part of that time).
It was very nice to know that info ahead of time. I would have been pretty PO'd if I was trying to work on my ORG during that time and it shut down 'all of a sudden'.
Thank you Beckett for listening to us all these years and constantly trying to make the site better. Thank you again for finally warning us before the site goes down for maintenence.
The site gets better and faster by the month. I am happy to see how much the site has progressed since the OPG prices went up immediately following the Beta version going 'live'. It helps soften the blow of paying this much for the TA OPG every month.

I was just curious if from the organize page, we can lower the number of items on that page? The lowest we can go is 50, think it would be awesome if we could put in our own number, like 10 per page.
[Image: Exposfan09.jpg]

"Because some men aren't looking for money. They can't be bought, bullied, or reasoned with. Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Collecting Ryan Zimmerman and Marquis Grissom!

(09-26-2013, 08:15 PM)exposfan09 Wrote: I was just curious if from the organize page, we can lower the number of items on that page? The lowest we can go is 50, think it would be awesome if we could put in our own number, like 10 per page.
No, sorry, that is not an option. I'm not sure that we can make it an optional number, where someone can enter in a number and that's how many lines will come back. I'll forward this to the team so we can keep it in mind should something be possible.

Thanks,
Traci

(09-27-2013, 01:32 PM)tkaplan Wrote: No, sorry, that is not an option. I'm not sure that we can make it an optional number, where someone can enter in a number and that's how many lines will come back. I'll forward this to the team so we can keep it in mind should something be possible.

Thanks,
Traci
Groovy! Thanks!
[Image: Exposfan09.jpg]

"Because some men aren't looking for money. They can't be bought, bullied, or reasoned with. Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Collecting Ryan Zimmerman and Marquis Grissom!