`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Mystery Crack in BGS Holder?

Mystery Crack in BGS Holder?
Hey guys - kind of a weird question but wondering if it is more than just my imagination at work here...

When I receive an item in the mail, I thoroughly inspect the case and make note of any cracks or scratches on it. However, a few times lately I feel like small cracks are appearing on my cases that weren't there when I received the item. I keep my collection inside in a temperature controlled room with no exposure to sunlight in a non-smoking home.

Anybody else ever notice this happening?
Hug it Out...

RE: Mystery Crack in BGS Holder?
no, but it makes me want to check mine now...
[Image: Desertfox24.gif]

Collecting Ed "Too Tall" Jones and Dallas Cowboys!
Also collecting: Dez Bryant, Keke Coutee, Jorvorskie Lane, Ken Houston and Reggie McNeal

http://s1339.beta.photobucket.com/user/D...1/library/

Ive brought this up before. Sucks dont it? I have at least 5 cases that have hairline cracks in them and it drives me nuts. I literally have no explanation on how this happens.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

(08-26-2013, 04:35 PM)bakerman8419 Wrote: Ive brought this up before. Sucks dont it? I have at least 5 cases that have hairline cracks in them and it drives me nuts. I literally have no explanation on how this happens.
1st person I thought of when I saw this post....... someone brought up a point on another post about card damage and time spent in the mailbox....I think it was brane (sorry if I'm wrong) ...... said something like if it spent a long time in a hot mail box and then cooling off over time or cold box slowly heating up over time .... maybe it started to crack after you inspected it....

I really have no clue! just speculating

are you piling multiple boxes one top of each other?

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

Good point about the change in temperature. Could certainly be it if the case expands in the heat and then contracts even a little in a normal temperature environment.

Not piling multiple boxes or even cards on one another. I store them standing straight up in a wooden box. It is annoying and seems to happen on my favorite cards!! LOL
Hug it Out...

It happens. I have the same problem. I'm not sure why or have a reason for it. I decided only to have them fixed if I'm going to try to sell the card.
[Image: ZZZBearsBanner1.jpg]
Lance Briggs and Brian Urlacher Supercollector