`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 Boxes of A&G... Finally got the Hit

2 Boxes of A&G... Finally got the Hit
About a week ago I saw a good deal on a weekend sale from blowout on A&G boxes so i thought i'd try my luck at two more from a different vendor and hope for the best.

I'll start with box 2 since it was the least impressive and work my way up.

It started out good with the box loader and that is as good as it got:

[Image: scans_zps05cd74a2.jpg]

Box Number one was really nice which is why the second was a bit of a let down.

[Image: scans_0001_zps1470b013.jpg]

Kendrick NoNumber , Puig Base and the Pele card thats made from a different stock and has a green back.

Then midway through the box I finally hit one of these:

[Image: scans_0002_zpsaafcd95c.jpg]

It Yielded a Miguel Cabrera EXT card which will go a long ways towards my set building.

RE: 2 Boxes of A&G... Finally got the Hit
Congrats on the EXt! Your 2 boxes were a lot better than my box. I only got 3 gu's.

Don't trade with list:dorkypunkrockerguy,newbieredsfan

(08-25-2013, 02:14 PM)esa0315 Wrote: Congrats on the EXt! Your 2 boxes were a lot better than my box. I only got 3 gu's.

I was darn near ecstatic when i got that rip card, i must have bought 6 boxes last year and didnt get anything close to this.

Good time to pull one too, because I'm aiming for the entire set this year.

good grab. Ripping that card must of been more fun than ripping the pack lol
Looking for any Matt Harvey, Zach Wheeler, D. Wright, Le'Veon Bell, Big Ben, Antonio Brown

Man, I wish I could've gotten one of those boxes. Would've been 3 PC hits for me.

Those are 2 very nice boxes! Sure, the RIP card is awesome, but the Harper box topper ain't too bad either!
Hope you remembered to check the box lid for the hidden 1/1 card!
Congrats!

BTW: open question based on value. Unripped RIP Cards have potential value, once ripped there's a major drop off. Most of the EXT cards don't have nearly the value of the unripped RIP card. What are the odds of getting an amazing hit inside that's more valuable, and is there any pattern to the better hits? /25 vs./10 vs. /5 serial numbered RIP cards? Anyone know?
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(08-27-2013, 01:17 AM)rossmaute Wrote: Man, I wish I could've gotten one of those boxes. Would've been 3 PC hits for me.

I assume one of those is the lincecum? That could be for trade especially towards my set needs.

DrMitchJ- Today 06:42 AM Wrote:Those are 2 very nice boxes! Sure, the RIP card is awesome, but the Harper box topper ain't too bad either!
Hope you remembered to check the box lid for the hidden 1/1 card!
Congrats!

BTW: open question based on value. Unripped RIP Cards have potential value, once ripped there's a major drop off. Most of the EXT cards don't have nearly the value of the unripped RIP card. What are the odds of getting an amazing hit inside that's more valuable, and is there any pattern to the better hits? /25 vs./10 vs. /5 serial numbered RIP cards? Anyone know?
Yup ripped those boxes apart, nothing.

It depends on who the rip card is of, and then who the ext card is of.
For instance mine I checked the rip card on ebay and one sold for I think 60 it was. And after I ripped i checked for the ext cabrera and it had gone for about the same.

Now some of the bigger name players on rip cards are going for more money. as far as the hit values based on the serial i have no idea.

I would assume the double rip cards and lower serial cards would do better but I cant be sure.

Theres chances for cool hits like 1/1 wood mini, sketch cards, memoribilia redemptions, etc but yes most seem to be ext cards which really only hold value to someone collecting the minis

(08-27-2013, 06:15 PM)rentzington Wrote: I assume one of those is the lincecum? That could be for trade especially towards my set needs.
Yep, along with the Cain and Cruz. I haven't loaded my A&G stuff into my org yet but let me know what your set needs are.