`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Largest Pulls from Cheap Boxes

RE: Largest Pulls from Cheap Boxes
(08-20-2013, 03:52 PM)jblaze1718 Wrote: I hit a Mantle bat relic out of a rack pack of 2011 Lineage. I remember buying it before hurricane Irene to keep me occupied.
I'm guessing that it did a really good job of occupying you. I would have gone nuts if I pulled a Mantle in retail.
[Image: B6aktTl.png]

I collect Bears, Celtics, Yankees, Cardinals prospects, and Razorbacks

Pulled this out of a Walmart pack..Better than any hobby box
[Image: 2011BOWMANBLUEBRYCEHARPERAUTO093-250.jpg]

The best pull I ever got was from one of those value boxes of mixed packs. It was one Christmas and my aunt had bought one for me (this was like 10-15 years ago). One of the packs was 1999 Skybox Thunder and I pulled a Mark McGwire Dial 1 insert card. At the time it booked for around $300 and I couldn't believe I had pulled something so awesome. I should have sold it, but hung onto it and the value has since dropped a ton.
[Image: 971927d6500d72m3.jpg]

(08-20-2013, 10:51 AM)rob024420 Wrote: My biggest pull ever came from a situation like this.
I am up at the card shop near closing one night. The owner and I were good friends and I actually ended up working for him for a couple of years through college. He finds a half opened box of 2009 Spectrum baseball stuck under the cabinets. Offers me the rest of the box for like $10. About the 3rd pack in I pull a mystery cut signature redemption. I take it home and redeem it and in a few weeks this shows up at my door. Needless to say I was and still am pumped about it.

[Image: PaulMcCartney_zps40581132.jpg]
All I can say is WOW! You win! Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

The reason I joined this site, from a Target blaster ... the last one on the shelf!

[Image: Harper1.jpg]

Pulled it Nov. 28, 2011 ... the day before my grandma's birthday. She had passed away that January before, so that was the first birthday she was gone. I have a feeling she put that Harper in there for me to let me know she hadn't forgotten about me!

It's the refractor version, 341/500!

Coming from 2010 Bowman Draft. Purchased 4 packs at the time.
[Image: 100_1224.jpg]
KOBE BRYANT Card Breakdown - 3 Auto's, 38 GU's, 192 RC's, Inserts and Base, 17 Duplicates. Total = 250 Cards
MIKE TROUT Card Breakdown - 2 Auto's, 4 GU's, 83 RC's, Inserts and Base, 30 Duplicates. Total = 119 Cards

I pulled a Ken Griffey Jr auto out of a blaster box of 2005 Upper Deck First Pitch. It was my best pull ever at the time.
[Image: youkjumbosig_zps780de657.png]
Help me find the last one of these ^^^!!!
Bucket http://s873.photobucket.com/albums/ab292/20youksox
Current Youkilis Count:602/2117- 28.43%

Pulled this from a stack of packs I got from a Dave and Buster's arcade. Always got those since the Obak's had a good set of minor league players in them. Never expected a 1/1.

[Image: 1.png]
[Image: Screenshot2012-08-02at100731PM.png]

pulled a puig red refractor out of platinum from blaster couple of weeks ago, it's now in someone else's collection.

One of the Walmart mixed boxes last summer, I pulled a 2011 Bowman Platinum Manny Machado Auto Gold Ref/50 redemption. Booked around $100-$150 when I redeemed the code...by the time I got the card, he had been called up and was hot. The value was nearly 4x. Traded it at the time for some very nice St. Louis Cardinals cards which are all still in my collection.
COLLECTING: St Louis Cardinals -- NASCAR: Jamie McMurray, Kyle Larson, Rusty Wallace, Austin & Ty Dillon -- KU Jayhawks in the Pros (NBA & NFL) -- Non-Sports