`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Talked to someone from Topps redemptions!!!

Talked to someone from Topps redemptions!!!
I got through..just 20 min wait..they even called back with my list of 20 outstanding redemptions..
Some of them were replaced in 2011..I do not remember..but they are listed as pending on the web site..so I was not sure.
These cards are not ready yet..been a year
2012 Topps Finest Auto Jumbo Relic Rookie Gold Refractor of Leonys Martin
2012 Topps Finest Auto Jumbo Relic Rookie X-Fractor of Leonys Martin
2012 Bowman Platinum Baseball Auto Prospect Refractor of Tyrell Jenkins
2012 Topps Finest Auto Jumbo Relic Rookie Green Refractor of Will Middlebrooks
This one they offered a replacement
2013 Topps Series 1 World Series Champion Relic of Brandon Crawford
I declined as this is for PC and this year..but he said it was not ready..
It is a relic, the world series is over...there is no auto..
Why was it not packed out and now why have I been waiting since Feb 2013 to get card??
No one knows..

The guy was very nice but has no answers..

Every product I open has a redemption card..and these are the hits promised??

My rant is over...
Thanks for reading..

RE: Talked to someone from Topps redemptions!!!
Hey, at least you got through in 20 minutes ... that's outstanding!!!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

"Hi, we're Topps, we'll make you wait a really long time and then offer you non-auto cards of players that aren't as good as the players you submitted, not to mention the ones you submitted were supposed to be autographed. That's a good deal, isn't it? Plus, you got to wait on hold for an hour, so that's a bonus!"

I mean, really?

Wow, the once mighty company has basically bottomed out ever since they got the MLB exclusive.

Sorry, but it's true ... it all started when they basically sold their soul to the devil and short-printed Bryce Harper's "true" rookie card, making it almost impossible for the average collector to get one.

I hope that all the people that spent so much money chasing all of these Yasiel Puig auto redemptions are taken care of ... wow, can you imagine if/when Topps flakes on those?

Hopefully that will be the final straw, and they'll go Upper Deck-style straight into some kind of lawsuit.

I currently have a "Gold Parallel Auto Patch Relic Redemption" of Billy Hamilton from 2013 Bowman Platinum that is "pending" ... I actually laughed when I pulled it.

My first thought was, wow, so I'll either get one of those replacement autos of Gary Carter, David Wright or David Ortiz that everyone else has gotten.

Which is hilarious, given that the "Auto Patch Relic" cards are GUARANTEED in every box of Platinum!

Man, if this isn't textbook fraud I don't know what is.

This is one of the reasons why I think redemptions are a waste of time and I think the manufacturers could be putting out more creative stuff than a sentence stating the person will get the card described eventually. Probably another reason I don't really buy packs anymore either.
[Image: 971927d6500d72m3.jpg]

Keep calling, keep complaining. That's my advice. My phone rep, who was very nice, considering my tone of voice when finally connected, informed me that the reason for the long hold time is primarily people distraught over that automatic replacement debacle. They're getting a poop-storm of complaints. Keep them coming folks ... It's actually sending a message. According to my rep, they will still take replacement requests from customers if a redemption is unfulfilled after a time period of (I think it was ) 15 weeks, but no more automatic, unsolicited, unwanted redemptions initiated by Topps. ...... Until they try to get away with it next time
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention .... I also complained about having a Joe Blow 2012 auto redemption unfulfilled while 2013 has " live" autos of joe Blow in a new product. They told me that Joe Blow and/or his agent will not get a new contract until the older one has been completed. Let's see if they follow through with this ... But I get the message that after spending 8 hours a day listening to us *itch and moan, it's registering as being increasingly legitimate complaints instead of whining from collectors. Keep calling and complaining and be nice, but firm. Get the rep to understand your position and your disgust and distrust in future products that will have a butt load of redemptions.
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I call just to talk to David Wright. Whenever someone answers and Wright goes off the line, I hang up and call again.
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

(08-21-2013, 06:04 AM)cross4444 Wrote: I call just to talk to David Wright. Whenever someone answers and Wright goes off the line, I hang up and call again.
LOL
He does have a very nice, pleasant speaking voice. If they'd just get rid of that music ... "Mirror, mirror on the wall ... tell me mirror..." That's about how far into the song I get before I want to hang up.